Morgan Prawn Puller or??

Islandgirl

Does anyone have any experience with this puller??
Any commments or suggestions on other pullers that are hassle free?

Thanks

It is big, ugly, and the strongest puller on the market, well worth the extra couple of bucks. They are in limited supply though. Big Joe

what the site name for this puller as i might be interested

I have not seen it yet..I will be looking at it tomorrow. I will let you know the website, when I find it.

There is no website, it is a local product built in Campbell River. Tyee Marine have one left I think, with more coming in june I believe.

Hey Carol: How did you make out today? Not to many responces out there as to what is the definative trap puller. I'm still hoping that you find the right way to go. eman

Well I did look at the Morgan today..Looks like a heavy duty unit that will pull your truck up...but I think too heavy duty for me since I only fish 2 traps per line..and there is only so much Sh-- you can put on a small boat like mine.
And about my previous set up...it was a dud from the beginning..blowing fuses on both sides of the boat etc..I even had the boat rewired with 10 gauge to see if that helped..The shop that sold me the original puller went good for it. They had the new FusionKING there..3 years warranty on the motor, 10 years on the frame all stainless steel..no too big..better warranty than the morgan so I went with that..
My next option was to build( better half build for ME) a Stainless Steel one...at this point in time i won't have to do that..I will let you know how the FusionKing works. It had good reviews coming from alaska.

Yes carol, the Morgan is a brute, it all depends on your application. If like I you are grinding up big crab traps from deep water, it is the ticket. I found the smaller pullers were tearing there guts out even on a prawn traps, especially if I was out in wind by myself. The other selling feature for me on the Morgan was it has never had one return. Good luck.

My buddy bought an Ace line hauler a couple weeks back.IT IS SLICK!!!It can be stored easily,(The boom comes off and stores tight to the base),mounts on a Scotty base and plug.It is strong and soooo quiet.I'm gonna get one for myself.

I used my new King Power Puller today..It worked GREAT....Lots of power to pull, the new motor was smooth..10X better that the parent company Ezzypuller. It comes with a bracket that I will permanently mount to the hull of the boat. All stainless and the boom just folds down which is good on a small boat like mine and just 2 Locking pins to permanently mount to the boat.

quote:Originally posted by Carol

I used my new King Power Puller today..It worked GREAT....Lots of power to pull, the new motor was smooth..10X better that the parent company Ezzypuller. It comes with a bracket that I will permanently mount to the hull of the boat. All stainless and the boom just folds down which is good on a small boat like mine and just 2 Locking pins to permanently mount to the boat.
How much $ and where from?I pull old commercial crab traps from 120'.How do you think it will handle that?

I am not sure how heavy the commercial traps are..I run 2 stainless 28 inches..with extra lead line wound around the frame of the trap and extra 6 lbs of lead as well. 2 traps per line..Pulls it like a breeze. It was 630 Plus tax..The ace line hauler you can get for 550 but not all stainless like the king power. It was putting alot of torque( too much) on my swivel base with the propack rod holders so I am going to permanently mount the stainless steel base that came with the unit.

i RECENTLY BOUGHT A KING FUSION FROM SIDNEY ( B.C,) AND IT DOES EVERYTHING FOR ME I WANT IT TO DO. F.G.

Back