More Quota Purchased in Nootka

Nothing is going to get done on a public forum... I am sure it is being worked on...Maybe call yourself?

I message them on facebook, no response. Many have asked for updates on the forum, no response?

Maybe there is all sorts of work being done behind the scenes but I'm left feeling like that's not the case and I don't think I'm alone in that thought.

FYI - from the management of Moutcha Bay Resort - not a SINGLE pound of experimental halibut quota was purchased by customers of the resort all season. They will likely give everything back at the end of the year.

FYI - from the management of Moutcha Bay Resort - not a SINGLE pound of experimental halibut quota was purchased by customers of the resort all season. They will likely give everything back at the end of the year.

If this is the case I think it is good news. A FAILED experiment. This is exactly what we need to see.

the customers who had the option and refused should be applauded but that's doesn't make Moutcha Bay the good guys. They purchased quota and failed to sell it to customers, they try to screw all other sportfishermen by buying quota, don't let them spin it around so they look good.

I recently received an email from Rogers lodge saying that they also did not sell any of they're quota and would like it if I came back next year as I cancelled this year because of the quota issue.

Now that I have discovered winter harbour though.......

Nome of these lodges or anyone else for that matter that bought quota should be getting any of that money back if they paid up front because they didn't use it. Thats the price they pay for screwing us over and not putting up a fight against this stupid quota system in the first place.

awesome news! hope the trend continues. hopefully these lodges will get the message. still a bit of a sore spot with me for the lodges that went ahead and bought quota thinking that they could get ahead with it....

The lodges would not lease quota until they would have to reconcile their log books by the end of the year, so if mootcha bay had zero halibut under the program well they lease zero pounds. I only know because when this program came out I applied and got a call from someone at dfo, told them I wanted to lease 2000 pounds and sell the fish at roadside stands, they never saw the ha ha in it! I figured commercial quota why can't I sell fish commercially, they got mad and hung up on me after 20 minutes or so

Back