Mig / Flux-Core Welders.......Toys?

Trophy

Many years ago I had some experience with stick and gas welding. Being retired I am always looking for new ways to learn so I picked up one of those “toy” welders as many professional welders attest. After some research on line, utube viewings, and practice that toy welder can put out some pretty impressive welds. If garden art, a weld around the yard or the odd fix on the trailer is your need, this 120 volt welder may be right for you. Wait for a sale, could be the most fun you can get for $300.

Have had a Lincoln Mig 180 for about 5 years now, great little machine. I'm a serious do it yourselfer and have used it to complete many a project. Next on the list is a decent little Plasma Cutter.

As a welder I encourage you guys to look at everlast machines. Cant beat them for the price and the features you get are a step above the red and blue machines for a hobby welder. I've had mine 5 years now and it's still working. At work I use Lincoln and miller though. I prefer Lincoln.

i have all blue at home now, but started with a lincoln weld-pac 100 from costco many moons ago.

I went Miller because I like blue better than red. :cool:

Got the millermatic 112 some months ago from KMS tools, thanks for the up sale guys went in for a 190, $1200 and just received the $50 rebate from miller (took 7 months). Thanks to all on here who gave me assistance. Lots of welding on my latest project, 3 30lb spools so far and 2 tanks of gas, sas Tacoma, its a rolling billboard for trail gear, the millermatic is amazing, 110 or 220, no hot fuses, instant starts, easy to use, I use in "dummy" mode so welds are strong clean and correct. Empire's welder used my machine for all frame welds. Had a stick and CTire wire flux, the miller is at a different level. Never looking back, its blue for me. Next will be a blue spool gun.

HM

Back