Mexico Mayan Riviera fishing?

cargs

Going to Mayan Riviera Mexico in October. We would like to do some fishing. any recommendations?

thanks,

cargs.

I'm going down in the end of September, and have a charter booked but I can't remember the name of the outfit.
I'll get the name from the guy who made the reservation.
I can let you know what I thought when I get back in the beginning of October?
I'm headed to Playa Del Carmen.

Just got back from Play Del Carmen this morning.
The dive shop at the resort set us up with our fishing charter, "Hi Bob II" was the name of the boat anyway. We left out of Puerto Aventuras,. Pretty good deal, about $450US for 2 people in a private 32' Tiara. We got a Barracuda, 2 Mahi Mahi, a small bonito and had a sailfish hit and jump about 20' behind the boat, but it threw the hook!
It seems to be the end of the Sailfish/Marlin season down there, but I thought it was still a good time. I would defiantly recommend the guys with "Hi Bob" if you're still looking for a charter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jammer, you said the end of the season. When does the season start? Is there any fishing to be done in March? Is there any fishing other than on the open water?

The charter guys told me March-end May is the best time for big Marlin and Sailfish down there.
I'm trying to figure out if I can afford another trip for that time of year!
Where we were fishing, it wasn't 40 miles out or anything, we were between the mainland and the island of Cozumel.
I was told about the fresh water fishing down there, apparently its good, but I didn't do anything freshwater there, except swimming in the cenotes!

Back