Mercury 9.9

King_Cod

Anyone have one of these? If you do or know someone who does, what do you think of it? Is the Bigfoot edition necessary?

I am looking at a 2009 used 9.9 merc pro kicker and a regular Mercury 9.9 electric start at the moment and need any feed back if possible.

Thanks

Stan

Reel Chaos

i have a 05 bf electric start on my 06 campion 542.
love it. it has lots of torque,make sure its on tight.
its quiet and smooth. ihave no problem trolling at any speed.
although, i would buy a pro kicker givin the chance again. the head or couwling looks smaller and power tilt is a nice option.
these kickers are heavy,but hey! its a merc.

My kicker is a 2007 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, electric start, tiller. (Long leg, not a Bigfoot model)

Absolutely love it.:D It starts on the first try in cold weather, great charger keeps the battery topped up, and super quiet. It pushes my 16' welded aluminum boat at about 6 mph at full trottle. If your boat is over 18', I would consider the Bigfoot model.

Believe it or not, I like it better than my dad's 2007 8 hp Yamaha 4 stroke.

I have a 9.9 Bigfoot. Pushes my tank ( 21.5 ) Glassply around very well, nice and quiet good on fuel. I would buy it all over again!
Cheers Fc

Thank you for the input guys. It helped me make up my mind :D. I just purchased a 2009 Mercury 9.9 long shaft power trim pro kicker :). Just need to buy controls and I am good to go.

Reel Chaos

Back