Men's Olympic Hockey

Yoy know something, yes Canada wins, great but i do feel sorry for Luongo,played one game. Babcock was unfair I thought as he didnt share up the rotation,not even a second game? I think his nose will be out of joint but he will grin and bear it. As for Babcock you might have coached well you will look good but come on.
Thats my rant as i detest unfairness I will probably be ragged on for this but I two will grin and bear it

I'm glad theywent with Price!

Yoy know something, yes Canada wins, great but i do feel sorry for Luongo,played one game. Babcock was unfair I thought as he didnt share up the rotation,not even a second game? I think his nose will be out of joint but he will grin and bear it. As for Babcock you might have coached well you will look good but come on.
Thats my rant as i detest unfairness I will probably be ragged on for this but I two will grin and bear it

No difference than with Brodeur in 2010. Price played great. They won and that's all that matters.

No difference than with Brodeur in 2010. Price played great. They won and that's all that matters.

You bet, you go with who you think gives you the best shot. Loungo can be risky. He's tighter wound so he can be great and some nights in big games he'll let some bad ones in. One bad goal against the Americans and we could be sitting fourth.

Going in Canada's goaltending could have been our weakspot. Not this year. Price solidified himself as Canada's best.

Luongo fanboy?

What about Smith? Lou gets 2 games he none? Subban? It Wasnt just Lou sitting.

Lou has done some of his best work on the bench I was unsure on prices big game ability but he proved he's the man. Lou can tell the world he showed price how to get the shutouts - he set the example.

Fantastic end to a great Olympic Games for team canada and I don't just mean the hockey team.

What about all that business about Backstrom being pulled from the lineup because they found traces of a banned substance. It turned out to be Claritin which he takes for an allergy problem.
Sometimes the drug rules seem a bit over the top.

Sorry, but you have to go with who is hot. It's not a best of 7 series and it's also not about fairness.

Plus, add to the fact that Luongo has a history of not performing consistently under pressure in critical games. IMHO

Regardless, a heck of a performance by an underdog group.

Luongo fanboy?

What about Smith? Lou gets 2 games he none? Subban? It Wasnt just Lou sitting.

Lou has done some of his best work on the bench I was unsure on prices big game ability but he proved he's the man. Lou can tell the world he showed price how to get the shutouts - he set the example.

Fantastic end to a great Olympic Games for team canada and I don't just mean the hockey team.

Luongo fanboy? Not saying that not saying Im a Luongo fan,never have,however my point is that he was snubbed not getting the start for the first game.He did win a gold in 2010 with games contribution. He played one game now, with a shutout. Thats it. Is that not some kind of accountability? Im saying it shows some disrespect,sure some others sat out but my focus was on Luongo,Smith sat all games but he knew his status,Luongo not so sure.my opinion your opinion

Goaltending didn't win this gold medal for Canada. Any of the 3 goalies there and the ones left at home would have sufficed with the Canadian's system of play. Planned and executed to success.

Luongo fanboy? Not saying that not saying Im a Luongo fan,never have,however my point is that he was snubbed not getting the start for the first game.He did win a gold in 2010 with games contribution. He played one game now, with a shutout. Thats it. Is that not some kind of accountability? Im saying it shows some disrespect,sure some others sat out but my focus was on Luongo,Smith sat all games but he knew his status,Luongo not so sure.my opinion your opinion

I don't get it. Price was the starter from day one and Luongo was the backup. No controversy or snubbing there. Pretty black and white. Price would have had to bomb for Luongo to play a second game.

Thought everyone knew that going in. Guess some people don't watch the NHL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep, it was also clear that Price was the go to as they pointed out he was way hotter as of recent going in vs Lou, and lets face it, while Lou did get the gold for them 4 years ago, it was a shaky gold at best. I didn't feel confidence back then with him, this year with Price, not a question.

I don't get it. Price was the starter from day one and Luongo was the backup. No controversy or snubbing there. Pretty black and white. Price would have had to bomb for Luongo to play a second game.

Thought everyone knew that going in. Guess some people don't watch the NHL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who you trying to BS me and everyone else> Starter from day1? It wasnt announced Price would start opening game until the day before. Wheres your credibility? You thought wrong,in your mind maybe

Who you trying to BS me and everyone else> Starter from day1? It wasnt announced Price would start opening game until the day before. Wheres your credibility? You thought wrong,in your mind maybe

I think the mainpoint is the way they do this is each goalie plays 1 game and then the coach decides who he wants to go with. Babcock must have been leaning towards Price because those 2 games didn't alter his decision despite Luongo getting a shutout. Babcock had Luongo in 2010 and obviously felt more comfortable with Price. I know I did!

Goaltending didn't win this gold medal for Canada. Any of the 3 goalies there and the ones left at home would have sufficed with the Canadian's system of play. Planned and executed to success.

I can't say I agree with you on that one. I thought Price was great and with tbe offence we we're producing we needed every one of his stops. Great we can all have our opinions though.

Who cares who was number 1, back up and cheerleader.....CANADA WON THE GOLD!!!!

Thats what they went there to do and they choose Price to be the goalie to backstop the team. I don't think Lou cared either.

You guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Cheers

SS

Back