MDMARINE Ins. @ Boat show booth

sir-vivor

Yesterday I got a quote from mdmarine Ins, and it was about 1/2 the price of my current Ins. So I gave them my email address to send the quote and I haven't seen it yet, so I emailed the lady on the company card I got and got a response she us not returning calls until Jan 30, Dosent help me since my current insurance expires on that day and I did tell the agent at the booth I needed it in place before the expiry on the 1st of Feb. So I looked the compsny up on the web, and sent a email to the sales email address given. That was this morning.... And still no response, WTF! I feel kind of taken since I gave them some personal information at the show..... Imagine if I gave a claim, no thanks!

good heads up.. they will tell you they were too busy because of the boatshow!! commercial insurance? i sure would like something cheaper!!

do they not have a ph# you can call and speak with directly?

Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. A 50 percent reduction is a lot - perhaps too good to be true. It may be for example that you currently have "declared value insurance" and what you are getting is not. If your boat is a write off your payout may be a lot less as they will determine what it was worth.

That said my broker just had me switch insurance companies. I am getting the same declared value insurance and saving about $100. a year. And the new insurance co. is not going to require me to get the boat surveyed as the previous company did every five years. Since it was time for that I just save about $500.00 which is like getting almost a years worth of insurance free.

Back