"Boxing Day" Sales

IronNoggin

Cabela's Nanaimo. Today...

Place was NUTZ!
 :Shock

And most, while masked, appeared to believe that gave them reason to well invade everyone else's spaces. Frustrating!
Picked up the doormat the Lady wanted, a small soft cooler I wanted, and their 12 pound sausage stuffier I needed (good sale price).

Proceeded to check-out.
In line a spell.
Run through check-out only to first be informed "There is NO exchange rate on US Gift Cards. 1 to 1 ONLY."
Unfair sez I. Carry on.
Then: I can't do US Gift Cards, you must go over to Customer Service.

Another line.
Frustrated.
Finally to the till. Same line about no exchange.
Whatever, I want out of here!
Then....
The system is down. I cannot process any Gift Cards right now.
WTF?
Repeat.
Same answer.
Turned to walk away, PO'd when my Lady grabs me.
 :NotHappy

You got these items because you wanted them. Sort the bull out later.
Bought them, returned cards to wallet.

Happy with the items when home.
I do know a General Manager back east that ain't going to be quite so happy when I contact him tomorrow...

Should have known better.
 :Maybe

Nog

Their "system" was down before Christmas too! Cash only was called out just before we got the cash register after waiting 20 minutes, so I had to run across the parking lot to the bank. I have never been impressed with that store.

I do know a General Manager back east that ain't going to be quite so happy when I contact him tomorrow...

And now he gets to be even less "happy"
Unpacked the stuffer when home.
NOT the item I requested.
Wrong stuffer.

Getting better by the minute... :rolleyes:

Nog

Cabela's Nanaimo. Today...

Place was NUTZ!
 :Shock

And most, while masked, appeared to believe that gave them reason to well invade everyone else's spaces. Frustrating!
Picked up the doormat the Lady wanted, a small soft cooler I wanted, and their 12 pound sausage stuffier I needed (good sale price).

Proceeded to check-out.
In line a spell.
Run through check-out only to first be informed "There is NO exchange rate on US Gift Cards. 1 to 1 ONLY."
Unfair sez I. Carry on.
Then: I can't do US Gift Cards, you must go over to Customer Service.

Another line.
Frustrated.
Finally to the till. Same line about no exchange.
Whatever, I want out of here!
Then....
The system is down. I cannot process any Gift Cards right now.
WTF?
Repeat.
Same answer.
Turned to walk away, PO'd when my Lady grabs me.
 :NotHappy

You got these items because you wanted them. Sort the bull out later.
Bought them, returned cards to wallet.

Happy with the items when home.

Should have known better.
 :Maybe

Nog
Yikes.. thanks for sharing the adventure Nog.

My boxing day expedition involved driving to Winfield with a Christmas dinner plate for my almost-90 mother in law. Watched two periods of the juniors with her, shoveled her walks during intermission, and thanked my lucky stars I wasn't shopping that day. Saw the traffic **** show around the malls on the drive across Kelowna and that was more than enough for me.

The stuffer is migrating back to Nanaimo today.
Conveniently, the one I wanted has been sold out and is "not in stock" at this time...

Nog

Finally got through to Cabela's HQ (on hold for 2 hours).
The product I wanted has been discontinued.
There are only 2 left in Canada, and they won't send either one.
US Gift Cards can ONLY be used if placing a phone order. Period. No exchange rate. Period.
But, they are sending a $ 20.00 gift card as a way of apologizing...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Sheesh!

Off to Nanaimo... Likely the last time I ever enter that store.

Nog

US Gift Cards can ONLY be used if placing a phone order. Period. No exchange rate. Period.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Sheesh!

Nog
That’s the only way they learn. Take your business elsewhere.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Sheesh!

Nog
Wonder if they take Canadian gift cards at par? Only seems right

What’s the Better Business Bureau have to say? I’m no lawyer but this seems like fraud to me.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Sheesh!

Nog
You do your best to support a business that has a local outlet and employs locals and this is how you're treated. No good deed goes unpunished! No wonder online is taking over.

There sister store bass pro is no better, went there after Father’s Day and bought 6 items,
vortex bino harness 44.84
Jerky gun 39.00
Jerky kit 9.99
A mug 9.99
Clay pigeons
And something else
Went to the cash register the guy says that will be 202.00 ( about 50.00 more than I had in my head) so I hand him my gift card the kids got me for Father’s Day then my wife says that’s kinda high. So I said how much was the harness 84.99 ( not the price on the shelf) so I said I didn’t want it. He said to late can’t take it off got to now go to customer service and they will refund my money, so I’m standing in line my wife goes and checks up 44.84 on the sticker same sku code, so I said how much was the jerky kit she says 9.99 it rang in at 14.99 she goes and same sku 9.99. Then my mug rang in at 7.99 not 9.99 hbutbi wasn’t going to tell them that) customer service girl was great refunded me the difference. Then I get that customer survey and I let them have it had the manager phone me saying a 50 gift card was waiting for me at customer service.

I had same experience at Cabelas Nanaimo. As a club member they send me lots of emails with daily, weekly, monthly specials. When I get an email with lots of wants I drive to store to purchase. Only because sales state in store purchase only. Imagine my surprise when after I get there all items are NOT in stock. OK I will get a raincheck, Covid and all, sent to customer service. Problem is the 6 trail cams are NOT in Canada, archery block has NOT been available in Canada for 4 years. All other items were available at one time but have no time line for availability. WTH, sales items for me was all BS to get me in store. So it will be a loooong time before I play their game again. Internet, CT, Gone fishing or a local CR store will just as easily take my $$$, without games.

HM

it has worked very well for me the past few months buying from my local shops; PNT, Highwater Tackle, Poco Marine, Pacific Angler, Inlet,etc. Most have been great at matching prices and they ship at no/minimal cost. Ironic the pandemic seems to have given the small local businesses an edge over the big corporations, both for price margins as well as convenience. The more flexible one gets my business first.

We are all trying to keep our $$ in our local economy instead of funding the next yacht purchase of a big corp’s CEO. I’m not missing the big multi-national retailers at all!

Back