Marking RCAs on Lowrance HDS

Thanks for the responses! I did bang them in by hand, got fairly fast at it eventually.

I have ordered the dvd should be here soon.

I downloaded the software but on the initial run it's asking for a product key (license#) which I presume is on the DVD cover?? Not able to find the DVD order link on the gofree website. You guys mind sharing the link to the DVD order page pls? Thx.

I ordered mine through island outfitters. $50 picking it up tomorrow.

@charlie415 sent me the GPX file and I imported into Insight Planner and then exported a v5 USR file. However, when I imported into my HDS Gen3, I had a mess of lines splaying out from my current position to (presumably) the start point of each of the RCA trails. I couldn't locate a preference/option that would fix this. Any suggestions? (I've only had my HDS Gen3 since May, so I'm still getting the hang of it.) Many thanks in advance...

ive (regretably) got a standard horizon plotter, can i upload these to my unit?
id need some help doing so if its possible

I'm a Lowrance guy with some experience on Garmin. You need to find out what file format your sounder exports and imports. Let me know and I will try to convert to that format.

Looks like Standard Horizon is not very easy to import and export. Just looked at a user manual and it talks about a pin out for a DB9 cable.

I believe standard horizon does not support SD card only cp card. There fore you would need to buy the card reader.

@charlie415 sent me the GPX file and I imported into Insight Planner and then exported a v5 USR file. However, when I imported into my HDS Gen3, I had a mess of lines splaying out from my current position to (presumably) the start point of each of the RCA trails. I couldn't locate a preference/option that would fix this. Any suggestions? (I've only had my HDS Gen3 since May, so I'm still getting the hang of it.) Many thanks in advance...

You create a waypoint, then the next waypoint, then the next, etc. In order. Now you need to make a line to connect them all.
Create a route. Open the route lat long. Drag waypoints to this location in order. Now they will show up as a box or rectangle. You can change the color of the lines etc. Hide the waypoints so its just lines.
This is using insight planner. It changes if using google earth.
If you need help message me

I downloaded the software but on the initial run it's asking for a product key (license#) which I presume is on the DVD cover?? Not able to find the DVD order link on the gofree website. You guys mind sharing the link to the DVD order page pls? Thx.

I believe the product key come as an email. Contact customer support and ask for one

No need to convert a gpx file as lowrance does read gpx. V5.usr files are finalized mapping files.
Download a gpx waypoint file to a SD card. Install in hds unit. Pages/files, then play around with importing there

No need to convert a gpx file as lowrance does read gpx. V5.usr files are finalized mapping files.
Download a gpx waypoint file to a SD card. Install in hds unit. Pages/files, then play around with importing there[/QUOT

As said. No need to mess around. Lowrance and Garmin will import gpx format. The only reason I was messing around with USR file format was because when I import the tracks some are different colours. I changed the colours to all the same and saved as gpx but when I imported the colour change didn't stick. When saved as USR the colour change stuck.

As said. No need to mess around. Lowrance and Garmin will import gpx format. The only reason I was messing around with USR file format was because when I import the tracks some are different colours. I changed the colours to all the same and saved as gpx but when I imported the colour change didn't stick. When saved as USR the colour change stuck.
Ah... I get it. What program are using to make all same the head unit or?

charlie415,
Thank you for the RCA file. I imported it on my HDS 7 gen2 - looks good.
AlK

Back