Marine head plumbing

bonez10

I have a hourston 26 sedan
With a jabsco marine toilet in the cuddy.
I'm wondering what guys with a similar boat or placement have done with the plumbing

I have a hourston 26 sedan
With a jabsco marine toilet in the cuddy.
I'm wondering what guys with a similar boat or placement have done with the plumbing
I can’t believe there hasn’t been a single response to this. All I can say is I put the plumbing in the way Jabsco tells you to and also used quality sanitation hose.
The through hulls are bronze, the fittings are bronze (not brass), the ball valves are bronze with a stainless ball. I personally don’t like stainless through hulls. If you’re considering a holding tank I can’t help you with that.
Hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG_6685.png
    IMG_6685.png
    722.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6686.jpeg
    IMG_6686.jpeg
    582 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6687.jpeg
    IMG_6687.jpeg
    382.6 KB · Views: 34
I can’t believe there hasn’t been a single response to this. All I can say is I put the plumbing in the way Jabsco tells you to and also used quality sanitation hose.
The through hulls are bronze, the fittings are bronze (not brass), the ball valves are bronze with a stainless ball. I personally don’t like stainless through hulls. If you’re considering a holding tank I can’t help you with that.
Hope this helps

Technically for transports sake you need backing plates. This is where the Canadian and US transport laws are a tiny bit different. However you still need backing plates on thru hulls.

Coosa board is really nice for the backing plates. Epoxy on and paint over. Makes things really nice and easy.

Hope this helps
Thanks fritz
Any chance you could snap a couple pics of the through hull from the outside ?
What is your boat by the way?

Technically for transports sake you need backing plates. This is where the Canadian and US transport laws are a tiny bit different. However you still need backing plates on thru hulls.

Coosa board is really nice for the backing plates. Epoxy on and paint over. Makes things really nice and easy.
I used 1/4 G-10 for backers because coosa is way to squishy for my liking. I still find it a bit overkill with my hull. My hull measured 3/4” in the areas of the through hulls so not particularly a worry.

Thanks fritz
Any chance you could snap a couple pics of the through hull from the outside ?
What is your boat by the way?
It is the 20’ Hourston, which from being on the 23 has a very similar toilet compartment. Unfortunately I can’t take any pics right now because it’s still in the water. Those are pics from the renovations.

Back