March Splash

3 weeks of getting her ready,new paint,new electronics upgrade ,more welding ,new wiring ,thanks TigerPrawn,,iam chomping at the bit to get in,,this weekend it will be,,was out at Constance yesterday with No Bananas ,had a killer 4 hr fish ,which only makes a guy want his own rig in the water that much faster.Here's hoping everyone has a great season on the water,,Cheers

Don't forget March 1 those dang slot restrictions kick in.
any unclipped fish over 67cm must be released.

Management measures for the recreational fishery in portions of Areas 19 and 20 are outlined below. Effective 00:01 hours March 1, 2013 until 23:59 hours June 15, 2013 in Subareas 19-1 to 19-4 and Subarea 20-5(those waters near Victoria between Cadboro Pt to Sheringham Pt.), the daily limit is two (2) chinook salmon per day which may be wild or hatchery marked between 45 cm and 67 cm or hatchery marked greater than 67 cm in length.

I'm hoping for April, but at this rate it could be June...boat needs work, but every time I turn around I'm dropping another $100 on diapers or $1000 on daycare...they say it gets better...here's hoping :)

March 14th I hope, TigerPrawn has done a fantastic job of making the boat look brand new. Can wait to head West for some great Halibut action on march 15th, nice thing about Renny do not care about the Currents

Shoot craven i wish you were joking. Good to know I guess i forgot too.

My boats been used a few times over the winter it will get used several days in march for sure!

My moorage starts tomorrow at sooke harbour marina, goin to drop the boat in this weekend and get out for some fishing if the wind isnt too bad...looking forward to having my boat in the water, first year mooring!!!!

We'll be out at the Loggers Derby this weekend along with several other members of this Forum. We'll have a report on Monday.

I know I'll be splashing mine this weekend, if not the next,

Thems are some pretty tall words... I've seen it ;) You need to bribe tigerprawn.

And if you do the work where it sits I'll will offer a couple hands ​ schedule permitting

Sunday is my day off... I'll stop buy.

Do you need a tube of grey sikaflex ;)

Thanks guys it is nice to see a clean and ship shape boat. Optimist, thanks for the slab of winter spring. Nothing beats fresh fish. Almost time to get the boat back in the water. Just needs a couple of sunny warm days for bottom paint.
Lippy, I think Last Chance will need a couple of days to clean his boat. Lol

We'll be putting in for a few days this month during the week of the 17-24th for some hali hunting. After that it'll be in the inlet for April for prawns.
T2

I took my boat out a couple times earlier this month. Worked out a few repairs in the last couple weeks. Want to get out this weekend as well. Go away wind!

Back