March derby- Barclay Sound.

actually, I have heared that, I guess I didnt think there was any merit to it. Anyway, lookin forward to gettin back to my old haunts!

if the herring are there then the fish will be there. thats the only reason why they come to areas like franklin. the herring spawn on the grassy beach areas there. some fish caught at couse creek too.

if the herring are there then the fish will be there. thats the only reason why they come to areas like franklin. the herring spawn on the grassy beach areas there. some fish caught at couse creek too.

18 more sleeps. Heard there have been some fish caught in Vernon Bay. Hopefully the whales won't get there first like the last couple years.

how much is it to enter the derby and where can i get tickets? How can I reserve for staying at the bunk house? Is it right by the moorages?

what is the first place prize in the derby and how much to enter???

Tickets can be got at the Nook and Gone Fishing in Nanaimo for sure. I got them in Port last year. It's $15/person. First prize varies depending on the amount of entries. Last couple years it has been $400 or first pick of the prizes. Have always had an electric downrigger, fishing rods, tools, etc. Then there is the trophy. Point to note is they spend virtually all the entry fees on prizes so after the biggest and second biggest fish they start to draw tickets and you get to select a prize. Keeps going till all prizes are given out. Last people get things like hats and cups but still nice touch to get something for the memories. This is my 6th derby and only once have I not come home with a prize worth less than my ticket price. Someone wrote the bunkhouse was fully booked, I would still check it out as it hasn't been the last couple years. Moorage, camping and launching are free. They want you to pay if you connect to power, etc. Don't have the number at my finger tips, but they have a web site "Poett Nook"

I'm starting to get pretty excited now! I haven't fished in a while!!!

Channel 69 for those who want to connect with our boat.

Launching at Clutesi 7am Friday morning if anyone wants to convoy that direction.

One of my fishing partners is going to tow a rental trailer to the Nook and we'll crash there. Hope that works out ok. Pretty quite place...

We'll likely stick close to the rig.

Boats name is Fin-Nished. Not on there yet mind you...

Are you sleeping on your boat?

Back