Manners on the water!

I always thought it was Port rod to shore????
Nope, and here is the acid test;.

Question: When two vessels are heading straight towards each other, what direction are they both supposed to turn in order to avoid collision?

Answer: Both vessels are to make a distinct action and adjust course to the right (Starboard). If the boat with starboard rod to shore has to make a distinct adjustment to starboard and he has no room to maneuver where is he supposed to go? Boat with port rod to shore adjusts course to his starboard and both vessels have room to pass each other safely.

Ha ha too funny don't you know some of them think they own the place, just ask them :)

QUOTE=merrittboy1;367180]Same at East Point. Yesterday very foggy. Guys were all over the place. Really had to be on toes. Agree about charter guys. They just seem to push their way though everyone. But it was impossible to get a rhythm with all the boats cutting in, running in circles in same hole over and over. Was a bit stressful due to thick fog....[/QUOTE]

People need to think about their passengers and the safety of everyone else on the water. You got to wonder what certain insurance company's would say if they saw what some operators are doing. Should start using your phones and posting some of it online. :)

If someone is going to run me in to the rocks and not adjust their course, then do I have a surprise for them. I just trip my gear and drop the downriggers and swing right in behind them and pick up all their gear and drive off. After that they don't seem to willing to do it again. LOL. Tired of people thinking they own the ocean.

And then troll against the established circuit to maximize their time in the prime spots and not just taking their turn like everyone else? ;)

UM that sounds like Ogden Pt. dave ;)

Not to sure but it was a nice day out there today but seems every danm whale boat had to run right thru all the tacks and wake them to hell. That Whales N Wine cigarette boat throws a wake that could sink some of the tinnys out there. Took some of them over the bow on the 4 passes he did today.

-KK

Not to sure but it was a nice day out there today but seems every danm whale boat had to run right thru all the tacks and wake them to hell. That Whales N Wine cigarette boat throws a wake that could sink some of the tinnys out there. Took some of them over the bow on the 4 passes he did today.

-KK
Get his registration and lodge a formal complaint with CG and the RCMP

Back