Lowarance Structure Scan

Statler

Could someone who has a Lowarance structure scan tell if it replaces the existing transducer or can it be installed side by side and used in conjuction with each other without any overlap or interference. I have heard that if it was installed within a foot of each other that you may be able to use both to provide an even more complete picture? Would be nice if it did. Is this possible?
Also I have a 4G radar installed and was wondering if I would need any ethernet expansion ports or other accessories to install it?

Thanks.

It does not replace the sounder transducer. The Structure Scan TD is a separate unit for the Structure Scan function, the two Transducers will work in tandem to give a blended image if selected. We have ours about 6" (or less) apart. The installation instructions that come with it are quite detailed (I believe that they are also available online, on the Lawrence site.)

Not sure on the tie in for you Radar, I know that you can tie in Radars to the HDS units, just have not done it. We run our Radar on separate screen.

Good Luck! You are gonna love that Structure Scan, it is really cool, it really removes a lot of guess work when looking for the fish or bait. Once you KNOW that the fish are there, it now comes down to the right lure/bait, presentation, and whether they are hungry or not;). Have fun!:cool:

FH

Thanks Fish-Hunter for the info. I have the radar and the existing 83 -200khz tranducer & radio already tied in just wondering if I would need another connector to be able to tie the structure scan in. Did searches on the Lowarnce site and the install details are pretty good as you said. Just didn't find what I was looking for yet. I'm sure that it can be done just have to find out what I need to do it. Will probably call Harbour Chandler as they have always been pretty helpful in the past. Just gives me another reason to drop by and see whats new. From what you say you seem pretty happy with it and that it works well. Just gathering info at the moment and will make a decision once I get all the info I need.

Try this.

Labman55Schematic.jpg

This how mine is all wired!
Took me a few chats with both Lowrance and H.C.!

Back