Low Maintenance 3/4 Ton or 1 Ton Trucks

Yeah, truck market, although not as insane as last year seems pretty steep look at this 2 wheel drive https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/cto/d/surrey-1991-chevrolet-silverado-3500/7575421623.html
and this one is a classic work truck, nice but lots of dents and rebuilt tran already.
Very nice old truck!!! Could probably get collectors plates? But 25k seems a little steep.

Very nice old truck!!! Could probably get collectors plates? But 25k seems a little steep.
It does look clean. Lift up that box liner and look for rubbing and rust. I may have sued GM and the dealership back in the day when they sold an OEM one and they made specific claims about. I had a lot more time back in the 90's when I owned one of that series.

142EAC26-4506-4774-89E4-5C6B9F7F7ABA.png
Saw this a couple days ago on a FB add. Unfortunately it’s in Quebec. So maybe corrosion is an issue? And shipping of course

have a 2009 3/4 cummins now for ten years. - been basically trouble free. 220,000km. tuner , dpf delete, 2" coil lift, 36" tires. last week the head gasket went. i figure i am still ahead as i have never had any major issues. this bill will be 7500. all new seals and gaskets. head and block machined. ARP studs. better than truck payments and repairs. no way to justify an upgrade as i would be spending 50k or more to pretty much end up with the same thing.
i am thinking of selling though. and not getting another.

Thinking of selling my 02 F350 v10. Just had a major rebuild done on it (7K) but during the rebuild they fried the Vehicle Security Monitor. Means my door ajar light is on all the time, key fobs won’t work etc. I ordered one from the US (400 USD)and once installed and programmed I will put her on the market. Been a great truck but I no longer have a camper so it’s got to go! Or not😁🤩

Last edited:
I have owned a 2007.5 Chevrolet 3500 Duramax diesel since 2011 which had been trouble free until last year when I had to spend $2700 on a DPF delete and tune since GM decided to discontinue manufacturing a $140 part for the emissions. It’s been a great truck for me.

Attachments

• AED80828-DF2C-481C-84A0-1F088306C7AF.jpeg
    AED80828-DF2C-481C-84A0-1F088306C7AF.jpeg
    516.4 KB · Views: 42
Thinking of selling my 02 F350 v10. Just had a major rebuild done on it (7K) but during the rebuild they fried the Vehicle Security Monitor. Means my door ajar light is on all the time, key fobs won’t work etc. I ordered one from the US (400 USD)and once installed and programmed I will put her on the market. Been a great truck but I no longer have a camper so it’s got to go! Or not😁🤩
Dually?

It’s tough to beat those new 7.3L gas engines and 10 speed transmissions. I looked long and hard and found a used F250 down in Texas and paid a guy to haul it on a truck up to me. I put a 3,000 lb Northern Lite camper on it and it hauls it like there‘s nothing back there.

I towed a 10K boat back and forth to Hardy for the last couple of summers and never felt more comfortable towing that weight

Now the big test is coming up: I’ll be hauling a 14.5K boat with a ....... gasser! I’m guessing/hoping that it’ll tow just fine

It’s tough to beat those new 7.3L gas engines and 10 speed transmissions. I looked long and hard and found a used F250 down in Texas and paid a guy to haul it on a truck up to me. I put a 3,000 lb Northern Lite camper on it and it hauls it like there‘s nothing back there.

I towed a 10K boat back and forth to Hardy for the last couple of summers and never felt more comfortable towing that weight

Now the big test is coming up: I’ll be hauling a 14.5K boat with a ....... gasser! I’m guessing/hoping that it’ll tow just fine
5mpg while towing I’m guessing haha.

No sorry it’s a single. Carried my camper on it no problem. At the time when I bought it was told the dually box was narrower. Also a fellow mentioned to me you had to be careful when loading a camper on a Ford due to the roof height. Suggested making a 2x4 platform which worked out well.

Keep me in the loop if you are going to sell. I’ll check the payload I have 2500lb camper on paper and tow the boat at the same time
No sorry it’s a single. Carried my camper on it no problem. At the time when I bought it was told the dually box was narrower. Also a fellow mentioned to me you had to be careful when loading a camper on a Ford due to the roof height. Suggested making a 2x4 platform which worked out well.

Back