Lost Halibut Anchor set up. REWARD.

plumbcrazy

March18, East side of the Race. 500' Rode, anchore and 20' chain and large scotchman and smal scotchman, and puller. Forced to leave stuck hard in bad weather and hard current. Never to be seen again. REWARD if found. I can easily ID. 250-818-7831

March18, East side of the Race. 500' Rode, anchore and 20' chain and large scotchman and smal scotchman, and puller. Forced to leave stuck hard in bad weather and hard current. Never to be seen again. REWARD if found. I can easily ID. 250-818-7831

Go back on a slack and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Sorry to hear about your loss.I'm sure most of us who have hali fished have lost an Anchor,it's all part of fishing.The Race is never a nice place to be stuck on the pick,regardless of the weather.March18 is a ways back,hopefully with the bad weather lately it's still there.

I have not seen it! will watch for it this weekend. I had to leave mine there last year to attend family emergency, went back three times on the slack the next few days, gonzo! Even grappled for it. Poof gone?

That makes two out there. Mine is off Sooke. Trying 2 convince a diver friend to go down.

That makes two out there. Mine is off Sooke. Trying 2 convince a diver friend to go down.

Make that 3. First week of the season last year left 600' of goldbraid, anchor, chain and Scotsman there on the south tip. It's a wonder anybody can fish there without getting hooked up on something.

My dad hooked one off the bottom there last year, tangled in is ground tackle, no scotch man or any way of identifying, he almost lost his in the process. Got a feeling there is a few down there

I went back several times last week. And yes it was at slck tide, no luck. I have had to leave it before and was always able to retreive it the following day. Bring on another grand...............Sucks to, really nice new anchor from only 1 season ago.

I do run a break away, 4 zap straps. I have no idea what that stuff gets tangled in, but it can be a ***** to try to spring in tide and weather. Been doing this for 20 years and this will be my first loss! One day off the waterfront i had a hell of a time, my scotchman was just barely under the serface when retreived. It had a 2" tow line right threw the flukes! what a heev that was.

I do run a break away, 4 zap straps. I have no idea what that stuff gets tangled in, but it can be a ***** to try to spring in tide and weather. Been doing this for 20 years and this will be my first loss! One day off the waterfront i had a hell of a time, my scotchman was just barely under the serface when retreived. It had a 2" tow line right threw the flukes! what a heev that was.

If that was just out from the yellow about then it was probably the same cable I did battle with a few years ago.

Back