Looks Like Captain Downriggins is Kaput

Dogbreath

Clicked on the Captain Downriggins link in my bookmarks but it's come up dead-his vids are still on Youtube and his Facebook page never did take off.

He had some good ideas but no staying power not financially anyway.

I am not kaput... just taking a break, redesigning the website, and working with some manufactures that are in favor of mass producing product for me.. hard to find the time it takes working full time.

A lot of rumors out there.... If you don't hear or see it from me it just isn't true!

I am working on a pretty unique material that will revolutionize hoochie skirts... any guesses?

Stay tuned!

I won a prize from you in a contest way back and never received it. You also ignored my emails....

ya I went to bat to try and get that prize for you Kelly but old Capt. Deadbeat wouldn't follow through, even though he received advertising for a month on FVI while the contest was running.

That's it you guys.........

I'm grabbin some popcorn...
popcorn.gif

What was the prize?

Sent from my HTC

Just something small like a hootchie package. Not a big deal but i thought it was pretty weak to just bail on everything and ignore contact attempts etc. Hard to say rumours aren't true after conduct like that.

Ps thanks again Poppa Swiss.

Kelly,

I apologize... perhaps you could shoot me an email or a PM through here and I will look through my stuff for you. I'd be more than happy to make it up some way. Perhaps you'd like some killer tube flies that are starting to make the scene here.

I would have would have sent it, but Poopy Swiss Britches sent his wife to do his dirty work first (nice touch there), then left several threatening messages on my home phone for my kids to answer (real tough guy attitude with typical language), and thought I should stop everything I was doing and engaged in to help him out first before 27-retailers requiring several thousand pieces of product. It wasn't until I had to tell him that I was his calling the local of Chamber of Commerce that he quieted up. Had he been a little more respectful, thoughtful of my time, and a little less aggressive with the "I am going to kick your butt" attitude, I am positive things would have been different. So... he went to bat alright, but struck out!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand brain damage does occur when downrigger balls hit your head instead of the water. Living in his perfect world must suck. It is always amazes me how tough some are over the phone or internet however, it probably comes from "little man syndrome." It further amazes me that a businessman (as he claims) has to resort to such tactics and language (hell I am retired military and never was that colorful).

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't you hate it when you finish the popcorn during the previews....

Off for some more....
popcorn.gif

Kelly,

I apologize... perhaps you could shoot me an email or a PM through here and I will look through my stuff for you. I'd be more than happy to make it up some way. Perhaps you'd like some killer tube flies that are starting to make the scene here.

I would have would have sent it, but Poopy Swiss Britches sent his wife to do his dirty work first (nice touch there), then left several threatening messages on my home phone for my kids to answer (real tough guy attitude with typical language), and thought I should stop everything I was doing and engaged in to help him out first before 27-retailers requiring several thousand pieces of product. It wasn't until I had to tell him that I was his calling the local of Chamber of Commerce that he quieted up. Had he been a little more respectful, thoughtful of my time, and a little less aggressive with the "I am going to kick your butt" attitude, I am positive things would have been different. So... he went to bat alright, but struck out!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand brain damage does occur when downrigger balls hit your head instead of the water. Living in his perfect world must suck. It is always amazes me how tough some are over the phone or internet however, it probably comes from "little man syndrome." It further amazes me that a businessman (as he claims) has to resort to such tactics and language (hell I am retired military and never was that colorful).

And if you needed another reason why not to do business with capt. deadbeat, he's a liar
liar-liar.jpg

First I don't have a wife, couldn't care less about what the chamber of commerce thinks about my fishing forum and I've never threatened you. You are so full of it, saying anything you can to try and justify not sending Kelly product that you agreed to send.

The fact is you sponsored a contest on FVI for the month of February. I called and emailed you for over a month and you never got back to me, while the entire time you were active posting on your own forum.

That's it guys, you can finish up your popcorn.
Mj-thriller-popcorn-o.gif

Man, that contest must have been held quite a while ago, 'cause Michael Jackson is still black while eating popcorn in the above video.

Back