Looking to upgrade my fish finder, any recos?

I have an old Lowrance Elite 5 on my boat and the transducer is starting to go. Plus, I’d like something a little more mordern with a larger screen. I am looking at the Raymarine Axiom 9 setup with the 3D mapping. Anyone every used it? I have heard from one person the 3D sonor is a bit sketchy in deeper water (300 ft+) but maybe that was just his setup.

Any other finder suggestions welcome.

Had been a Lowrance guy but kept reading such good things about Garmin on many of the US forums I jumped on a great deal on an Echomap 75cv (has Chirp). New charts incorporate both Navionics and garmin data, great screen display even in full sun and super easy to use right out of the box. Has touch screen and toggles, which is nice cuz touch screen isn’t always the best if you’re running in slop or have fish gunk on your hands.

Kinda like cars and trucks these days, technology has come so far in the last decade there really aren’t many bad choices anymore. Look for the features and screen size you want in your price range and go for the best deal or the one you feel best suits your specific needs or preferences. Great info to help your search here:

https://www.sonarwars.com/best-fish-finder-for-the-money/

Cheers!

Ukee

I’ve heard good reviews about 75cv as well. Do you know if the built-in Navionics has the BC coastal maps and POIs as well?

I’ve heard good reviews about 75cv as well. Do you know if the built-in Navionics has the BC coastal maps and POIs as well?

Just depends on what card option you get. You want the BlueChart® g3 to get the Navionics/Garmin info combined into one card. Doesn't look like that is an option on the Garmin site right now.

Screen-Shot-2019-09-04-at-12.58.46-PM.png

Back