Looking less and less likely we'll have the July 15th Chinook opening in the Strait based on this notice from DFO!

What were guessing but don't want to start rumours here. I got zero info to back that up. Based on two weeks delay trollers that makes sense.

My guess is area 12-17 remain closed till august 1 and then slot august 1 to 31st

hope i'm wrong and its same as last year

as far as i know nothing yet has been release for 15 and 16 but it would be pretty bad at the eleventh hour to change things up especially that was not in the Draft IFMP and not communicated

Usually 15 and 16 is released with 17. Nothing yet so this looks like jumping the gun on that post.

Maybe a voice of reason could help…. Did anyone see FN0611 and FN0612 that were released ‘in error’ on June 29th? (Rescinded in FN0617). Seems like they have the notice set to be released, did it just get sent too early perhaps? Regs seem the same as last year, slot limit opening July 15, 2023 with full opening Sep 1.

Can someone refresh a memory here? This will be year number 4 correct? When were the July 15 notices in the SOG posted in the last 3?

Someone here must remember off the top their head

I'm going with this notice above mostly because I'm an optimist and I've spent way too much time and money on my boat to get 'er ready for this Saturday so area 16 regs, please don't let me down! 29 1 and 29 2...see you on Sunday, with a bit of luck.

Can someone refresh a memory here? This will be year number 4 correct? When were the July 15 notices in the SOG posted in the last 3?

Someone here must remember off the top their head

It feels like we knew much earlier, like back mid April in the past 3 years or so. But who knows, I can barely remember what my last beer was and that was 10 minutes ago.

I'm going with this notice above mostly because I'm an optimist and I've spent way too much time and money on my boat to get 'er ready for this Saturday so area 16 regs, please don't let me down! 29 1 and 29 2...see you on Sunday, with a bit of luck.
I like it! We all will be fishing on the 15th

I like it! We all will be fishing on the 15th

Slack to flood around 1115 am around texada...will be in that area all day, it's an annual tradition to hit sangster / upwood opening day if it's doable.

I'm super stoked, plan b back to egmont.

Wonder if nahwitti is going to slot limit says 111
The way I read this is that sutil is slot limit , but the wall will still be open to two aday no slot . We run our boat up for the rest of the season monday . Looks like we will be fudging lots of chart plotter tracks if the fish are at sutil ….

The way I read this is that sutil is slot limit , but the wall will still be open to two aday no slot . We run our boat up for the rest of the season monday . Looks like we will be fudging lots of chart plotter tracks if the fish are at sutil ….

My experience is come July 20th suti starts to slow down and people go to the mainland side.

fished a couple years during the flomi days derby and there would be a line of guide boats going to the mainland side.

Sutil is the intersection of multiple subareas. In 15 minutes of trolling you can go from 12-15 (currently closed but soon slot), to 11-1 (currently open, 2/day) to 111 (currently open but slated for slot/1/day according to letter) to 12-14 (currently open 2/day).

Confused here ... it says no retention until July 14... so that means we can fish July 14, not wait until the 15th. Correct?

Ii always read it as inclusive of the date on the fn, so open at 00:00 am on the 15th of July.

Back