looking for a used 225,250,275 Mercury Verado

Hey Guys,

Computer and powerhead went on my 06 250 mercury. looking for a used if you know anyone or have any contacts would greatly be appreciated. looking for a 225,250,275 merc XXL shaft 30"

thanks.

There is also a 175 merc verado for sale on craigslist boat is rated for a max 275 a little nervous about under powering but a good deal anyone have any input on this repowering 23 foot trophy

Watch your scuppers with the 4strokes. The trophy’s tend to sit low in the butt with all that weight back there. I believe that slot of boats that are s little older were probably rated for 2 strokes and when you put a same rated 4stroke on, there is a lot more wieght in the stern and the boat sits lower

You want a 225 I would say. If you got the 175 and it wasn't enough power you could always have Simon motorsports reflash the ecu for more power. I reflashed a 225 to 300 and it's great.

I remember when you did that and thought it was a great idea. Any I’ll effects on the motor so far. Would you do it again if faced with the same dilemma.

Sorry for the slight derail

Oly

Back