Wanted: 2005 Mercury 115 computer

Looking to see if anyone has a mercury 115 computer from a 2005 merc! Probably a long shot but you never know.

Just qurious as to why? Are you trying to yo up on HP? I have one that is 50 50 chance is programmed to 115. Other 50 percent chance is 75. I don't have the time to plug this in atm, however it's an option. I'm pretty sure 6D6 is for 75 hp bit I can't remember.

it's possible you grab one from a yamaha early 2005 model that has the same connector. Since this was a yammamerc

20221212_150757.jpg

Last edited:
Just qurious as to why? Are you trying to yo up on HP? I have one that is 50 50 chance is programmed to 115. Other 50 percent chance is 75. I don't have the time to plug this in atm, however it's an option. I'm pretty sure 6D6 is for 75 hp bit I can't remember.

it's possible you grab one from a yamaha early 2005 model that has the same connector. Since this was a yammamerc

Hey. Just trying to get my motor up and running. Mechanic thinks it’s a computer problem with distributing the fuel.

Your welcome to come grab this for a test, however I doubt it's your problem. You can pm me for more information.

These little ECUs don't do much. It's all low voltage. Never seen one just fail because of wear and tear. My guess is injectors themselves. However your welcome to borrow it.

Your welcome to come grab this for a test, however I doubt it's your problem. You can pm me for more information.

These little ECUs don't do much. It's all low voltage. Never seen one just fail because of wear and tear. My guess is injectors themselves. However you’re welcome to borrow it.
If it’s 75, isn’t the cam and air restrictor thing different? At least that’s the way it is on mine (different motor because mines a 2012). Or is it only the computer that changes hp in the yamamercs?

If it’s 75, isn’t the cam and air restrictor thing different? At least that’s the way it is on mine (different motor because mines a 2012). Or is it only the computer that changes hp in the yamamercs?

Yep your right. Need that to make the HP for sure. In his case for diagnostics doesn't matter. I'd like to know who the mechanic is without asking. If that makes sense

Edit: Sorry Corey to completely answer your question, your engine is completely different mechanically and electronically.

Last edited:
Not entirely the same situation, but my 300 verado had an injector fault code and it was not the injector that was bad. ECU needed to be reflashed.

Sent it to Whipple or Simons in the US and it was fixed…way cheaper than what a new ECU would cost. Turn around was pretty quick. This was 6 or 7 years ago, so can’t recall all the specifics.

Not entirely the same situation, but my 300 verado had an injector fault code and it was not the injector that was bad. ECU needed to be reflashed.

Sent it to Whipple or Simons in the US and it was fixed…way cheaper than what a new ECU would cost. Turn around was pretty quick. This was 6 or 7 years ago, so can’t recall all the specifics.

Yeah completely different machine.

Basically what’s happening is the motor dies soon as it gets to about 7-8 miles per hour. No problem with the fuel lines or pump.

Back