looking for a trip

I am on the Island (Nanaimo) with a 23' Century w/a. I will go to Ukee just about anytime except Mon-Wed. You pay gas, moorage and launch and we are in business. Get back to me if anyone is keen.

Sounds very interesting. If we went Thurs to Sunday what kind of cost (Excluding food & accomodation) do you think we are looking at?

Are we talking Ukee, Bamfield, Goldriver etc?

I have my own gear (have HEWES Sportsman)so no issue there.

Earliest I could go is July 29th but all of August also open.

Let me know ASAP.

Cheers & tight lines

Do

quote:Originally posted by cheech

I am on the Island (Nanaimo) with a 23' Century w/a. I will go to Ukee just about anytime except Mon-Wed. You pay gas, moorage and launch and we are in business. Get back to me if anyone is keen.

Well... I am talking about Ukee only. When was the last time you dragged your boat across on the ferry? After 20' it is now $5+/ft each way.
My boat is sitting on a trailer ready to go. Truck and boat just need gas. About $100 round trip for truck and figger $100/day for boat (all depends where the fish are). I'll spring for launch and moorage.
Bring whatever tackle you want but, I have tons. Boat has all the usual high end gear needed for off shore.
You can make the trip super cheap if you walk on at H-Bay. Use a hand truck w/a cooler for your catch.
There are lots of 'cheap' accomos in Ukee close to the Boat Basin. I stay on the boat.
Hope that helps, let me know.

Everything sounds good except I am already committed this weekend. Any other time is open. Do you want to book for the weekend after or the one after that?

Don

quote:Originally posted by cheech

Well... I am talking about Ukee only. When was the last time you dragged your boat across on the ferry? After 20' it is now $5+/ft each way.
My boat is sitting on a trailer ready to go. Truck and boat just need gas. About $100 round trip for truck and figger $100/day for boat (all depends where the fish are). I'll spring for launch and moorage.
Bring whatever tackle you want but, I have tons. Boat has all the usual high end gear needed for off shore.
You can make the trip super cheap if you walk on at H-Bay. Use a hand truck w/a cooler for your catch.
There are lots of 'cheap' accomos in Ukee close to the Boat Basin. I stay on the boat.
Hope that helps, let me know.

Hi Cheech,

sent you a pm....i'm interested in your offer

have a good time if you are heading out this weekend:)

sharkbait

Probably fishing alone in Bamfield on Friday & Saturday.
Starting out from Vancouver, probably after work on Thursday, fishing friday 7 saturday. Not too sure of the times etc., let me know if interested.

Drag'n'Fly
22' Blue & White Starcraft Islander

Back