Looking for a Support Bar for Outboard...Nanaimo

burnsy22

My Father in law was pulling his small Kingfisher out the other day at the Brechin launch in Nanaimo and left the travel support part for his main motor on the ground at launch. It is the bar that allows the motor to be at a lower angled position when travelling.

If anyone happened to pick it up (shot in the dark) let me know, or if anyone has one kicking around they don't use, let me know. It was for a 2010 140 Suzuki.

Thanks

Shane

Sorry not sure where you might look. I have used the bars before, and they do work well. I totally forget were I picked mine up. I think I'd did a bit of fabricating myself as well. If I recall I mounted a U bracket at the back of the trailer that I attached the bar with a through cotter pin. Worked really well. I don't belive it came that way, that was just my own idea to mount it if I remember correctly.

Wedges are supposed to work really well to take the strain off the motor. Guys that use wedges say they work great. I preferred the bar because if felt it really removed all the strain on the transom.

I have a welded aluminum boat now, so I don't worry about that any more.

Hope you find the old one, or at least a replacement. Good luck.

This is what I use and it is easy and small but not real cheap . It goes over one of the lift pistons

mainpg02.jpg

http://m-ywedge.com/

Untill you get a new one, you can use a couple pieces of pvc pipe. Just raise the engine, slide the two same length pieces of pvc over the the trim piston(s) and lower it back down. The two pieces of pvc easilly support the engine.

Back