Looking for a needle in a haystack maybe

Filletandrelease

Hi all. I'm trying to help a friend locate a small area near Porlier Pass(???). This area was a small cove that had some kind of cannery 30 plus years ago. Friend remembers as a child the water could get quite phosphorous. Was a well known fishing area she went to a few times with her late grandfather who was a commie at the time. Any ideas? They are looking for a final resting place for this late old timer.

Maybe contact these guys. I remember a wharf and a store just around the inside of Galiano from Porlier in the 70's, MAybe guys could deliver fish there. I doubt it was a cannery in 1985

http://galianomuseum.ca/

I know the spot if your going through Polier from the Van Isle side toward Vancouver ( Mainland ) it's on your right hand side just before the last point. If you don't have a boat you could catch the ferry and drive to the park and walk in to that bay. If I was on the inside of the island I would give you a lift, love the phosphorous. Hope it all comes together for you and your family and your able to set him free in such a beautiful spot.

I haven't been there for some time how ever the last time I was there there was still structure there. If your not familiar with the pass stay away from the center to left hand side as there are many unmarked reefs again heading from the Island side toward the mainland

Chart Porlier.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks you so much for this info. My friend is very appreciative. Her grandfathers name was Tony Capadouca and his boat was the Silver Bear. This help will go a long way to taking him home.

Back