Looking for a bigger boat...

I'm in the market to get a bit bigger boat for this year. Something in the 21 to 23 foot range and newer than 2005 or so. Anything out there?
Thanks.

I would look at a Grady 232. Nice wide body so it is more stable than most 23/24 foot boats. Nice deck for playing fish. There are a few Grady 232 drivers on the forum and I haven't heard anything that would scare me away from making a purchase of a newer vintage model.

Always liked the 255 Boston Whaler Conquest 8'9" beam and the newer ones have the new style hull that doesn't pound plus your still able to run with 2 small twins or one large main. The hull is deep and very safe plus the flip up seat in the back is excellent for extra guests should you have a larger group on board. I'm not a huge fan of walk around boats you loose to much helm room the conquest is express style. The resale is great you pretty much can't beat it.

conquest 2.jpgconquest.jpg

conquest 3.jpg conquest 4.jpg

The other beauty of a boat is the Pursuit 2570 still can run 2 small twins or one large main and they are express style with nice rear facing seats.

2570 2.jpg2570 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know much about Proline boats but Have to agree with walleyes, that boat seems great value for the $$

$15 million boat, only $180k. Ferry small boats out to the tuna grounds, a couple strippers, bar. Make money fishing
http://www.engadget.com/2015/02/02/wanna-buy-a-boat/

Thanks to a pair of MTU diesel engines -- no, we'll take questions at the end -- the Sea Slice has a top speed of 30 knots, making it about as fast as your average racing yacht. There's a fuel tank big enough to take 11,112 gallons of gas out into the big blue with you

Perhaps the salesman should get someone who knows what they are talking about to try to sell this boat .............:rolleyes:

Someone on my Coastside board said 28 gallons a mile. Better than the QE2 which I read gets 15.25 cm per gallon. ;)

True about the Whalers no doubt, as far as other brands even though they are cheaper the depreciation never seems to end and is rapid. The 99 - 06 whalers I think in the Conquest line up have pretty much bottomed out for a while and if they fall much lower it won't be much. Some other second and third tier brands you get a good deal on have for a few years and you can't get rid of it unless you pretty much give it away for the value of the power. Just my thoughts. If you can't pretty much steal it and have to buck up I would definitely stick to the well known boats with a good reputation as there doesn't ever seem to ever be a last boat lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back