looking for a an Ace/Brutus40 line hauler

Hookin'up

anyone got an ace kicken around they want to get rid of or know of a good deal on new,
Tim

good luck getting a group buy on one,
from what I understand the retailers dont have much margin and Ace dont sell direct

Contact Ace Line Haulers.....We did once get a group of guys wanting them. If I remeber right we needed 10 guys. The deal was good. Included cases for them. If I am right they were $500 each tax's inc.

I'd do that deal

ok so heres the deal I contacted Vartan at Ace and they do NOT do group buys and cant ever remember doing one
they will not sell directly for anything less then msrp which is 599.00 (so as not to undercut their vendors I would guess) Vartan contacted a local suppler here on the mainland and arranged for a bit
of a price break at 525.00 each +taxes which is still better then anyones sale prices, we need to have 5 guys commit to get this price and we can pick them up locally.
I am going to buy one probably this week regardless so if anyone was thinking of buying the extra bit off may help.
let me know if your interested and I'll get the ball rolling
Tim

ok so heres the deal I contacted Vartan at Ace and they do NOT do group buys and cant ever remember doing one
they will not sell directly for anything less then msrp which is 599.00 (so as not to undercut their vendors I would guess) Vartan contacted a local suppler here on the mainland and arranged for a bit
of a price break at 525.00 each +taxes which is still better then anyones sale prices, we need to have 5 guys commit to get this price and we can pick them up locally.
I am going to buy one probably this week regardless so if anyone was thinking of buying the extra bit off may help.
let me know if your interested and I'll get the ball rolling
Tim

That is right along the same line that we had to do last time this came up. I believe it was on RVP's old Killfish web site a few years ago. We would have bought them though PNT. I think....Maybe someone recalls...

Hey guys, I may be wrong, but at last springs pirate days at Harbour Chandlers,
the ace fellas had them on for $499. Maybe someone remembers? I had already
spent all my $ on a new gps/chartplotter or I would have bought one.

Last edited by a moderator:
FA it was definately a better deal back then especially when you add the taxes in

Hey guys, I may be wrong, but at last springs pirate days at Harbour Chandlers,
the ace fellas had them on for $499. Maybe someone remembers? I had already
spent all my $ on a new gps/chartplotter or I would have bought one.

They were special units...Rebuilts and factory seconds/left overs from older and other units....Everyone of them was still great a great unit. I knew a guy whos father bought one and had a issue and they ended up giving him a new unit... Vartan is great that way...He makes sure his customers are happy....Great Company...

I always get my hand smacked when I sell them for $509 at work. Everyone is asked to sell them at $599, but you will rarely find them for more than $549 at any retailer on the Island.

DHA.

I always get my hand smacked when I sell them for $509 at work. Everyone is asked to sell them at $599, but you will rarely find them for more than $549 at any retailer on the Island.

DHA.
DHA, are you saying you might be able to do better, would they not "smack" if you sold more then 1, There are at least 2 of us right now that want one and possibly more,
where do you work? pm me if you prefer
Tim

DHA, are you saying you might be able to do better, would they not "smack" if you sold more then 1, There are at least 2 of us right now that want one and possibly more,
where do you work? pm me if you prefer
Tim

I am telling you that ACE asks all of their retailers to sell the units for $599, most retailers sell them on a daily basis for $549. I had advertised them in the past for $509 and numerous other retailers complained to ACE about my price. My price of $509 was due to another retailer selling them for $539. Vartan does not sell direct, he is however the best at what he does, and that is service. I worked for ACE for a time and at that time we shared a list of retailers for you to choose from. There is no price control, however the margins are not very high, hence the reason you do not normally find them for sale in retail for less than $549.

DHA.

If you sell them to us for 509.00 we promise we wont complain to Ace:D
where are you at? what store?
Tim

Contact Ace Line Haulers.....We did once get a group of guys wanting them. If I remeber right we needed 10 guys. The deal was good. Included cases for them. If I am right they were $500 each tax's inc.

Short memory, that was not the deal at all! The deal was not direct, it was facilitated between Killfish.com, Ace Line Hauler and PNT. It consisted of 1)Ace Line Hauler, 1) Hauler case, prawn bait. It was an awesome deal. At the time, I worked for myself, but can say I have worked for myself & everyone else too! LOL

People will find me, and when they do, we can talk. You may or may not walk to your vehicle with a brand new ACE. You`ll decide.

DHA

DHA why the mystery? I hate smoke and mirrors
pm me if you want to stay private,
Tim

Back