Looking for $40k welded aluminum lake boat advice?? 17’

Go.Fish

In search of advice/options/opinions on buying a new welded aluminum boat with power and trailer for 40k and under. Must be able to tow with mid sized SUV, and take up logging roads. A windshield and soft top would be nice. Max 4 passengers should do. 16’-17’
Any builders on Vancouver island worth reaching out to these days? I figure they’ll all be a tad busy ;) also open to builders south of the border
Boat will be used for alpine lake research
50hp or so... money left in the budget for a chart plotter/depth sounder and gear would be great
Lifetime, Lund, Silver Streak etc...?

Probably not too much to ask, thoughts?

In search of advice/options/opinions on buying a new welded aluminum boat with power and trailer for 40k and under. Must be able to tow with mid sized SUV, and take up logging roads. A windshield and soft top would be nice. Max 4 passengers should do. 16’-17’
Any builders on Vancouver island worth reaching out to these days? I figure they’ll all be a tad busy ;) also open to builders south of the border
Boat will be used for alpine lake research
50hp or so... money left in the budget for a chart plotter/depth sounder and gear would be great
Lifetime, Lund, Silver Streak etc...?

Probably not too much to ask, thoughts?
Id take a look at the $15000 Alumaweld on the Used Boat thread. Checks alot of your boxes, and saves you alot! That boat would be a fine lake boat and being a little lighter will help towability with your vehicle.

Id take a look at the $15000 Alumaweld on the Used Boat thread. Checks alot of your boxes, and saves you alot! That boat would be a fine lake boat and being a little lighter will help towability with your vehicle.
I actually just commented in that one, used to own one, don’t like em at all, for the ocean anyways.... Hmmm a Stryker may not be a bad idea for an alpine lake boat if there’s zero wind. But the budget should be there to buy new so looking to spend close to that for now. Thanks fo the tip ;)

Back