Looking at this boat....18.5 Double Eagle w 225 Honda

Thats a big engine for that hull so it might sit butt heavy especially with a kicker and 1200 hours is also on the high side. Otherwise looks priced decent, with some TLC you would have a nice rig.

I have a 225hp Mercury Saltwater on a 26' Kingfisher in good water with a medium load I'm about 50litres` an hour,
and more on the West coast.

It does look like a lot of motor for that boat and Honda's, I believe are one of the heaviest motors.

There have been internal corrosion issues with the Honda's as well but that usually starts 700 to 900 hours.

wow that would fly!

1200 hours is alot yes but if properly maintained that motors just broken in, should be good for 2500-3000

At 1200 hours, anything can happen anytime with that engine. Then it's junk. Hondas blow up like every other motor. He'sasking quite a bit of dough for the "possibilities of expense" with that rig. Insurance wouldn't like it with that 225 on there either.

I really think it's more about how the motor has been maintained.
there is no good reason that a motor with 1200 hours should "blow up" unless it has been neglected or abused.
Honda makes a good product, you wouldn't see so many in use if they were that bad.

Not a bad deal. I would have a compression test done on the engine before purchase. Cover your butt! ;)

Its a lot of weight back there, plus batteries and a kicker... The price isnt bad... It would be nice if it were podded and the transom was squared off...
Still not bad...

Absolutely overpowered. With that vintage of boat you have to expect a compromised transom structure and with more that the rated power and weight of motor there you will likely cause damage to the boat over time. Not a good combo IMO.

I have the 185 Double Eagle with a 150 4 stroke. That boat doesn't weigh all that much more than mine when its fully loaded.
I RARELY open mine up all the way.....
Also that particlar hull was only built in the early eighties 82-83??{with the outboard}
I enquired about having it built in 07 and was told that that design didn't balance well and was NOT good in a following sea.
So depends on what you are doing.
Price wise, depends on the condition..... look harder.
Dan

Back