locking of topic ???

S

scottyboy

Letting people know what goes on and trying 2 open the eyes of people gets a topic locked? what a joke! if fisheries isn`t gonna do anything about it, maybe educating people might stop a few and detour a few others from these practices? everyone has a right to fish - but there needs to be awareness and consideration of the future! dfo is a joke and they sure don`t make the right decisions. so maybe it`s time 2 think a little and make some hard choices ourselves people !!! not saying take law into your own hands, just to make wise decisions regarding the practises of our passion - fishing. our choices now is the future, and of our kids! it`s not just about "money". just my 2 cents.

tight lines

Im with you on that one. The title was Nitnat not Nitnat fishing report. We were discussing what was going on. Just because we were "Discussing" the major problem with the system hence the low numbers it gets locked? Might as well lock half the other topics every time they talk about DFO or seals taking there fish.

whats the deal Last Chance?

maybe the mod was having "a few pops" at the time..[}:)]

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

I agree but also think that the thread was turning out to be about the angling ethics at Nitnat... I grew up on that river and will poke my head in there every once in a while ;)
BUT not this time of year...makes me wanna puke [xx(]

Nobody posted any reports about fishing nitty for any springs because it is a joke. Leave the spawners alone and let them do their thing...Those fish mean way more to the summer fishery in the chuck(long term)vs jigging tar babies in a river. All for opportunitys in the fresh but in this day and age we should no better and act now instead of latter!!.Some guys that are dragging out limits of boots just do not know any better and the mods shouldn't have locked that thread; if it changes a few peoples minds about taking boots,ethics, exhausting spawners,ect. misson acomplished.How much longer till we f up this fishery too. It is clear that DFO is not managing the fishery so it is up to anglers and forms like this. BTW,back bitters and tail bitters is not fishing, whatever you wanna tell yourself keep pounding it till its gone. [xx(]

There never has been a chinook fishery on the Nitinat. Its a flossery/snaggery. No matter if your using a float lining set up, a sliding weight set up or the completely out to lunch fly swingers. Dark chinook balled up swimming in circles in ditch low water ain't biting PERIOD. Your only kidding yourself into thinking thats real fishing, it's not. Chinook will bite and bite well if their fairly fresh, the water temp is cool and there's a decent flow. None of the above describe the Nitinat river. Shut down the chinook fishery and head up there if you have to in October when the waters up, cold and the fresh coho are in and biting..

Pass the Pack

quote:Originally posted by Roe Bags

head up there if you have to in October when the waters up, cold and the fresh coho are in and biting..

Pass the Pack

Common now bags TMI

The Nitinat is also a heavily enhanced river. As a fisheries biologist pointed out to us in the spring, the SSS and Nitinat don't really need a large "natural" run as the rivers are pretty much just full blown hateries.

At least that is how it was put to me. But I still think that once they have made it to the river, leave them be. I don't see the merit in throwing lures at fish that can be see and exploited so easily.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

at one time it was a great fishery and could take the pressure from all groups when the hatchery was pumping them out !now the hatchery producess less then 80% of what they once did! not so heavily enhanced anymore ! also with less then 1% return [V] means a steady decline which i`ve seen over the years .

tight lines

write a letter DFO thinks they doing anglers a favour by allowing them access to chinook. If anglers keep telling them they want it closed something might change...

I agree, I'll never fish it again when springs are around - its the lowest of the low that hang out there.

http://www.fishingvancouverisland.org

It makes NO sense to demand that the fishery be closed when there is no conservation concern (OH-- you guys dont want that many fish in the river-- fine! ... We will cut production or close the hatchery)

Think before you go off the deep end. Why not investigate what can be done to minimize the snaggery ? See if you can get the auxillary fish cop program going on the Nitty as a pilot for the rest of the province... Thats only ONE possibility that should be investigated before yelling to close the river..... There are others too.

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

you guys need to get with the program. without DFO & rules there wouldn"t be any fish left. The guy in the next boat or next down the bank would have a cooler full, and again tomorrow. without rules & autority society runs rampant, sorry to say.

Back