little help

Revenge

Hey guys , Im some what new to fishing the Thrasher area and I'm trying to figure out the names of places I'm fishing. I was over there the other weekend fishing what I assumed was the Grande .A buddy was over there also and when I told him where I was he said that was Whale bone. So is there any map floating around here that labels the spots or is it just a "go figure it out "sorta thing
Thanks for any info
Dan

I'm not too familiar with the Gabriola/Nanaimo area either and would find a chart helpful is someone knows of one online. Feel free to PM if you don't want it out to the public.

Whale bone i believe is the first beach on your right as you go between entrence and gabriola to the back side of Gabriola. The Grande is a lot further and fairly close to Thrasher. I think the Grande is marked with the big log cabin/lodge with the green tin roof...Or at least thats what I thouight it was lol.

Not sure if this is the official "el grande" but this is where I think of it. When I say I caught fish at el grande is in the area circled below.

Also I'm not worried about the "secret" getting out as any given weekend there are a dozen or more boats circling the area.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Thrasher and Grande chart.jpg
    Thrasher and Grande chart.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 261
I was thinking the big cliff/rock face was grande and then Whale bone was farther up Gabriola. I wasn't thinking about any secret spot as trendsetter said theres boats at all the spots .I just don't like to send buddies in the wrong direction when they are out there trying to meet up with me .lol

Like trendsetter says, the spots aren't secret. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339131643.122475.jpg

Wow, I've never fished in where you mark as the grande on your map. I think I'll give it a shot next time im out there. I guess I was way off. The area I marked has produced fish for me the past few times though.

also fairly new to this area guys, so this is helpful... where is the waterfall?

did get 2 25 pounders, and 2 smaller guys released (1 was legal) last sunday evening right in front of the grande. irish creme at 110. saw 4 or 5 other boats around. probably be out there again this weekend. is this typically a spot thats best of the top of the flood?

The area i was fishing when my buddy was looking for me was about half way between whale bone and the grande so what would ya call that ? Half way spot ? lol
We got fish in 1100' at 88' on the rigger all on white hoochies (yamashita uv ones ) but that was back when we had that sunny weekend if anyone remembers that far back :)

Back