Limited Masters Course

SerengetiGuide

Hey all,

Wondering if any of you have taken this course...I'm taking it as we speak and it seems effing hard...the oral examination anyways. So what kinda questions do they ask and what can I expect from it?

Everything I've learnt so far relates 0 to what we do and where we go fishing...it is quite annoying to know I'll be tested on stuff I will never use as I have no plans on skippering a commercial fishing vessel (the traditional conception...I'm well aware a charter is a commercial fishing vessel). I'm sure some of it will be somewhat useful...but considering where we fish and what not...so far notta...and need to have it because of an extra 2 1/2 ft *eyeroll*. Clearly I am frustrated.

Thanks,
David

I have TAKEN THE FISHING MASTER 4 COURSE. an we had a 1 on 1 with a dot guy for a hour straight and he asked question after question. none stop for the hour different vessel lights,(get the flash cards) bi-verification buoys and cart work. he had me of the westcoast and wanted a course into port alberni. he even asked me about the semifore flags and what each one meant.(a**hole) who uses that anymore other than the navy. the tested us like we were in a deep sea ship not a seine boat. he even ask a friend about the z flag which is vessel need a tug assitance for docking or something like that

Back