Licenses will be late

AlGee

Fishery Notice

Category(s): Licensing Information
RECREATIONAL - General Information

Subject: FN0227-RECREATIONAL - 2013-2014 Tidal Waters Sport Fishing Licence Information (AMENDED)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This notice supercedes FN0217.

The following information applies for 2013-2014 Tidal Waters Sport Fishing
Licences:

The 2013-2014 electronic Tidal Waters Sport Fishing Licences are currently
available on-line to the public or through vendors with on-line portals.
Electronic licences are available only in a standard letter size format and
only available at participating vendor locations.

Manual hand written licences will be available during the third week of April.
Unfortunately, this printing and distribution delay is a result of adding
important licence conditions for halibut management. The 2013 manual
Tidal Waters Sport Fishing Licence will be larger in size than those issued in
recent years.

A list of current vendors may be found at:
http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/licence-permis/Vendors-vendeurs-eng.htm

For non-residents who wish to fish for halibut in Areas 23, 121 or 123, you
must acquire a licence from a vendor in Canada. Refunds will not be issued for
on-line licences, so please ensure your licence selection is correct before you
complete your transaction.

If you are a vendor and wish to use the new public access portal to issue
licences or try a test version of the system, please contact Vivian Chow at 604-
666-3160 or vivian.chow@dfo-mpo.gc.ca.

FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Please email PFLU@dfo-mpo.gc.ca.

Fisheries & Oceans Operations Center - FN0227
Sent March 22, 2013 at 1638

Just informed by DFO that licenses have been printed sooner than expected, now being dristibuted and they expect everyone to have a supply no later than the 9th.

I don't get the problem?I Got my new one on line and it was not hard. Is this a guide /client thing that affects out of country fishers? Am I missing something.

I don't get the problem?I Got my new one on line and it was not hard. Is this a guide /client thing that affects out of country fishers? Am I missing something.

Out of country fishers aren't permitted to fish halibut unless they have a hard copy purchased license. I could be wrong, but I believe it is that way so the American Fishers can't buy online and motor into Canadian waters to fish halibut and then head back over without setting foot on land. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Many customers call the evening before having decided last minute to go fishing. No license in hand. No wifi or printer at the marina to get an online one in the morning.

Just informed by DFO that licenses have been printed sooner than expected, now being dristibuted and they expect everyone to have a supply no later than the 9th.

That's good news,profisher. I hate those printout licences. Coming just in time for a planned halibut trip the 3rd. week
in April.

Just got my supplies today.

Just picked up mine today at the Petro Can in Mill Bay. Thank christ,I hate those computer printout jobbies!!

holy crap!!!! why can i not get four licences for my family online??? seems impossible... every-time i try try and log in it goes to my daughters last years licence and wants to make secret questions?? FRUSTRATED and i am no tech!!

If you had them ALL previously, just enter your email and use the forgot password and they will email the list of users and passwords. You need separate passwords under the same email for multiple licenses.

Back