License fee increase coming??

Cuba Libre

I am hearing rumors about a fresh water increase. Anyone got details? Apparently it came up at a FRACC meeting???????

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

And what else would you expect?
#^$*^@#

The only saving grace would be that not all of the license fees disappear into the governments general revenue account.

Doesn't the largest proportion go to the Freshwater Fisheries Society, or what ever the correct name is for the body that runs the freshwater program (including trout hatcheries)? As long as they get a hike I could live with a modest increase.

There was a panic phone call about needing one dollar increase or else there would be no stock assessment. That call came from M.O.E. on the 23rd July and a response was wanted by the 31 July. BCFF was canvassing some of its clubs for a response.

I voted against it not because of the dollar but because of the lack of planning and the bad precedent that it would set.

I suggested that we take a look at how much money the government gets from all licences, fish, game, guideing,trapping and to see where it is spent. If it needed more money to PROTECT and promote wildlife then it should come up with a 5 year plan and raise all licenses accordingly, be it one dollor or twenty.

quote:Originally posted by UNKNOWN
[br

...why do we buy into this pathetic tax year in and year out? I like saltwater fishing way better anyway. I need to curb my piscatorial addiction and forever quit freshwater. Seriously nothing improves anyway! At least with the FED, I can fish some tidal reaches of many flows and enjoy myself at a lesser expense and at the same time I can receive a reasonable expectation of successful angling opportunities - dollar for dollar the balance for freshwater is just not there.

- UNKNOWN -
http://killfish.ca

$35 is pretty cheap for an entire year of access to the best freshwater fishing in the entire world.
I have to laugh at anybody that whines about paying 35 bucks for a licence and then won't even bat an eye at dropping 25 bucks on a case of beer.

Licence revenue is allocated to 3 agencies: 54% to the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC, 25% to the Habitat Conservation Trust Fund and 21% to MoE's Environmental Stewardship Division.

Fees are used to support lake and stream stocking, licencing, permitting, the fishing synopsis, and sport fisheries management functions. The FFSBC expends it's 54% of the total angling licence revenue on delivering stocking programs to 1,000 lakes and streams and on the promotion of sport fishing within the province.

Deliver stocking to 1,000 lakes and streams? I don't think so - maybe a thousand lakes - but most of the stream stocking done for the province is through federal hatcheries like Robertson Creek and the Vedder. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather see the bulk of license revenues go into the conservation and management of WILD fish and WILD systems - I just can't get too excited about catching pellet fed, genetically modified farm fish that got sluiced out of a truck a week ago.

Back