Let’s See Your ( Mans ) Best Friend.

My 2 dogs one loves the boat other one not so much the one dog got a 48 lb halibut this year LOL LOL
92913266_10157820928906084_6128153264572596224_n.jpg

100060861_10157965564721084_243671490615050240_n.jpg

Here’s a pic of our dog Morgie. We rescued her from a life on a chain about 8 years ago. Half lab half black shepard she’s the smartest and happiest dog I’ve had in my life. Smart enough that she’s has three balls and can distinguish between which is the old ball, the big ball or the other ball. She lives to play and loves to be outside fetching. Still a little messed up from her previous life but she’s a good dog. Loyal as can be and super protective of her family. Loves the boat, car, truck or anything she’s going to get a ride in lol
7478E5F2-B506-4FE0-8B1E-CFB0B36D36A6.jpeg

CBD oil also works great for dogs with joint problems/pain, anxiety etc. We gave it to our boxer when she struggled with knee problems and it gave her new zest. We were able to palliate our 2 dogs with just CBD oil in much higher doses and they were comfy to the end, no gross pharmaceuticals.

We tried CBD oil as well because my sister had great success with it and her dogs. Our dog did not do well on it. It made her really really drowsy and vomit. We tried different doses for a month and then gave up. We tried alot of different naturals for 3 years to try and avoid pharmaceuticals, but for her, the last six months has been the most comfortable in a while. It's nice to see her get up in the morning with no issues. But in saying that, we are keeping the dose as low as we can to try and give her insides the best shot. She is 11, and for a large breed she has lived past what we expected.

This is Grayson. He is Silver Lab & about 16 months old. Absolutely amazing dog & lives to please. Built like a tank & a bit of a bozo. Could not ask for a dog that's better with little kids. Lives for the water & cant keep him out of anything wet. IMG_9477.jpg 20200821_213306.jpg g wet.

This is kilo, he's an old southern American bulldog. By far the best dog I have ever had. His bloodline is from the southern states which use them for feral pigs hunting or so I was told.
Amazing with kids, obedient, protective, smart and tough as nails. He's 8 now and at 125 lbs he is getting close to the end of the line but in his prime he lived to come bushwacking on the river. I fish the Vedder gong show quite a bit but always stay off the beaten path but somehow a Beek would try standing on top of me while fishing even the more remote spots, that was until I got this guy. Although very friendly his presence would push almost everyone away haha. I loved it.

Screenshot_20201108-125210_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20201108-125057_Photos.jpg

This is kilo, he's an old southern American bulldog. By far the best dog I have ever had. His bloodline is from the southern states which use them for feral pigs hunting or so I was told.
Amazing with kids, obedient, protective, smart and tough as nails. He's 8 now and at 125 lbs he is getting close to the end of the line but in his prime he lived to come bushwacking on the river. I fish the Vedder gong show quite a bit but always stay off the beaten path but somehow a Beek would try standing on top of me while fishing even the more remote spots, that was until I got this guy. Although very friendly his presence would push almost everyone away haha. I loved it.

View attachment 58564 View attachment 58565

Tough looking dog for sure.

Wouldn’t do to good in my part of the country with such thin fur the winters would be hard on them but looks like he could handle the big northern coyotes all right lol.

CBD oil also works great for dogs with joint problems/pain, anxiety etc. We gave it to our boxer when she struggled with knee problems and it gave her new zest. We were able to palliate our 2 dogs with just CBD oil in much higher doses and they were comfy to the end, no gross pharmaceuticals.
I 2nd the cbd oil , it's worked wonders for my daughters dog's knee joint issues.

Here's a pic from 1975 when my two sisters visited me at Jordan River. The two similar looking dogs were brothers and belonged to my old surfing pal Jim Van Dame, (R.I.P.) and were named Pine and Cedros. They were classic surfer's dogs and well versed in all forms of mooching. The other dog belonged to the guy on the left and was named Santana. Me in the middle, age 30. I'm 75 now. Yikes!

1975 Shack Group.jpg

The boat has been high and dry for a month and the selector switch is now on hunting birds. My girl Rigby is 6 years old and number five on my string of labs over the years. The third chocolate and an excellent hunter and retriever. We have been busy the last few weeks and last Friday brought home a limit of eight mallards and two snow geese. Two pheasants yesterday morning. What a fine place we live in. We are very fortunate.

Snow-Re-opener-Feb20-2017-Rigby-Log.jpg
[/url]
Rigby-and-Snows-Nov-1-2017.jpg
[/url]

Should show a pic of my current mutt, the ever so cute Buddy, soon to be 15 years old but still digging life and mooching his way from one end of the Tyee Spit to the other on a near daily basis.

Going to miss this little bugger when he goes, that's for sure.

RSCN1769.JPG

Take care.

Back