left and right downriggers

Fisher_dude

Crew Member
How come companies dont make left and right downriggers for the left and right side of boats? Just curious is all.

cause then you would need to operate them with different hands; and their performance is symmetrical

hahahahahaha,, thought about this a few times....made me laugh , thanks..

Scotty's did some extensive testing when they developed their downriggers, but they found that the fish only like the "right" downriggers. :p:D

Scotty's did some extensive testing when they developed their downriggers, but they found that the fish only like the "right" downriggers. :p

They do make a leftie but it is shipped soley south of the equator. The concept and then R&D were directly based upon a toilet flushing water the opposite way when you get south of the equator; true story!!

I tested the toilet theory in Auz about 3 years ago.....I understand Scotty's concept now.

They do make a leftie but it is shipped soley south of the equator. The concept and then R&D were directly based upon a toilet flushing water the opposite way when you get south of the equator; true story!!

I tested the toilet theory in Auz about 3 years ago.....I understand Scotty's concept now.
Scott, you're not supposed to have your head right in the bowl when you test it.

You guys are busting Fisher guys balls. I think he means how they look from above or behind the boat. They would look better if they were symmetrical. They cost enough. They could at least make a port and starboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was thinking more about the ease of use. the on/off button and the clutch control would always be facing towards the bow. instead of having one facing one way and one the other.

Back