Launch and park in Alberni

Chuck

Looking for a place to launch and park my pick up and trailer in Alberni. Will be fishing the Broken Islands area for a few days at the end of May.

Any ideas or contacts that can be shared?

Thanks.

I understand Torquart is open again, but I'm not sure of the parking. It's a hell of a lot closer to the Broken Islands that PA. For that matter, Ucluelet is a lot closer as well. Just depends on which burns more fuel - your boat or your tow vehicle!

launch in alberni at clutesi and leave your truck and trailer across the road from the petro can at the school on beaver crk rd I think??? its been a long time since ive used those facilities so maybe the parking situation has changed. assuming you have accomidations in the broken islands, china creek and toquart both involve bashing down logging roads in order to get there and your going to burn the extra fuel anyway with the extra 45 minute drive past alberni to get to toquart.

Large field just past the Petro-Can that is there for tailer parking that is free of charge.
You can actually leave your truck and trailer at Clutesi I believe.

Large field just past the Petro-Can that is there for tailer parking that is free of charge.
You can actually leave your truck and trailer at Clutesi I believe.

Unfortunately that field is now a Ford dealership. The only place to park now is either on the hwy or in the clutesi parking lot.

Unfortunately that field is now a Ford dealership. The only place to park now is either on the hwy or in the clutesi parking lot.

There is still a lot beside the new ford dealer (although significantly smaller than the old one)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Road to China Creek is not bad, wouldnt think of doing the hual to Toquart that road is the sh#%s. I also remember parking truck and trailer on the hill above Harbour Key Marina, there is a launch there but can be sketchy. I would opt for China Creek with a nice scenic boat ride to the Broken Isl. Anywhere you park make sure no valuables in truck and lock trailer as there has always been alot of theft in PA.

launch in alberni at clutesi and leave your truck and trailer across the road from the petro can at the school on beaver crk rd I think??? its been a long time since ive used those facilities so maybe the parking situation has changed. assuming you have accomidations in the broken islands, china creek and toquart both involve bashing down logging roads in order to get there and your going to burn the extra fuel anyway with the extra 45 minute drive past alberni to get to toquart.

Done the Toquart trip dozens of times over the years but it's more like 1 1/2 hours. If the 16k from the highway into Toquart is bad then it can take a lot longer.
Dave

Back