lake trolls

pnutz

Hi all im wondering what ways you all use your lake trolls, whether its a small lake or a big lake. My fishn buddy and I like to use them on occasion and are looking for any tips we could get. Thnaks for any replies.

just use it as a regular downrigger but, put markers on the wire there just little metal crimps, put them on every 5 or 10 feet to know what depth you are at

hey thanks for the reply. we dont have downriggers on the small boat, is it possible to weight them or what is the best way to use them without a downrigger?

if you are using those i belive it called a gang troll or gang bang lol ... just get a good sized weight like 5 oz or more and put it on your line and troll slow, that should work. but i just use a small spoon about 1- 1 1/2 inch that are all white and that have a red stipe on it. try that out

I use a willow leaf with two lead shots one foot above and then 3' of line with anything chrome that moves erratically (Wedding bands are great to) put a worm on the end with a berkley smelly egg. Fish 30' of water preferably at the mouth of water running into a lake. My last outing I caught and released 30 fish. Killer works every time.

Have Fun

PS. Leave out 25-30' of line

Back