kicker mounting

S

siwash

a friend told me to use a ridged kicker bracket over the folding spring asist style....did some research and it definatley what I will go with ....any pointers for mounting the bracket...its going on a 16' hourston
thx

just be damn sure before you drill holes to make sure the unit will sit just right in adjacent to the water line. You dont want a following sea to swamp it, and you want to minimize ventilation when trolling.

A buddy gave me a great tip for making a backing plate for the inside of the transom. Go to Walmart and get yourself a cheap plastic cutting board -- they are like $5 and can be cut to a perfect size. I wouldn't mount it without a backing board on the inside of the transom to protect the fiberglass. Works better than wood as it won't rot.

I'm real happy with my kicker mount and motor combo. The dealer knew the best set-up. I would ask other owners or a dealer before attempting an install. My father mounted his too high and we had to listen to that cavatation noise.

Wish I had used 1/4" alum instead of 3/16" backing plate. Going to change it next time I feel like prying off some 5200 sealant. Plastic sounds ok too as long as you also use aluminum with it. Think about your sounder. My boat came with the kicker mount starboard, but that would have been a better side for the sounder because of the prop rotation direction acording to my sounder manual.

Back