Kayak Fishing...anyone here do this?

Craaazy. Little out there for me...yep, pluck them chicken feathers. Quite a feat of endurance. Tried Sturgeon for first time this fall. They pull hard. Can't say I would be comfy being pulled around by one of those things while I was trying to balance in a yak...that guy is good.

Bifmalibu....sometimes you have no say in how long you are going to fight a sturgeon...caught a 8 footer this summer that pulled us from Hatzic to the Mission bridge in a 14 footer (abou a mile of river). We both had to fight the fish and 45m later we landed it on shore.

If any members need some tips some of the best holes are outside my front door! Can't wait to play a biggun on the zodiac next year. I've got a 14' kayak i tool around the fraser in but thats more for conditioning...

"There's guys regularly off Muir in the summer, of course on calm days. They are in the pedal unit and one guy had a small downrigger"

That was me off Muir with my Hobie Revolution and downrigger. I just got really setup this last summer with outriggers and an old scotty manual. Here is a pic from last summer up in the Cariboo, paddling the Nazko River and waving the bug wand.
T2

DSCF0216.jpg

Back