JUGHEAD Update & Pics

I think its time to buy the 3D printer, and 3D scanner pretty close to pulling the trigger....

Hey if you buy a 3D printer can you print us all life like super hero action figures?

If Raj and Howard can pull it off you can too! (Hopefully somebody watches Big Bang).

I'll be FisherMAN. Crime detecting sonar beems shoot out of my eyes, I have a rod in one hand and the other is a perminent gaffe hook. I cast to criminals and reel em in then run em through with the gaffe and fling them down onto the steps of the police station. Awesome!

I can also swing like spider man roof top to roof top using my rod and reel making quick casts from building to building and swinging from the line. I carry a harpoon across my back so I can hook one criminal with my rod and harpoon the other. Of course I also have a net stowed away to hold captive the ones I want to keep alive and a quick draw bonker to stun.

Let me know when it's ready!

My buddy is big into 3D printers. He's built printers that build printers! He has built some crazy stuff and produces top quality pieces. Mostly builds the printers with parts from home depot. Pretty incredible stuff.
...shameless plug here, but its not for profit, it's all open source free information. Check it out!

http://www.tantillus.org

Yoda_vs_lion.gif

Eiffel.JPG

and here is his latest and finest quality print to date:

Girl02_front_001.jpg

Sorry for the high jack but this could be useful information to some of you working in 3D. It's amazing what is available to the average person. Though, I do consider him an inventor, and not the average person. lol

FW- Good on you for getting it to this point. Excellent work. I can put you in touch if need be. He is very skilled and happy to talk printers all day long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey renier, just emptied the inbox.
Don't have a lot of time here... will comment on the 3D printing soon. GDW your comment is super funny, my gawd that's good stuff. lmao! I can and will print a printer when I'm done with the Jugheads. Unbelievable...
Haven't been on here or answering emails the last couple days. Printer went south on me. Burned up some firmware, switches and mini capacitors. Couldn't send the unit back... had to tear the ******* down. Replaced said components, plugged 'er in, working just fine. In fact, it's working better than it ever did. Having said that, I haven't slept in 2 days lol.
A bunch of Juggies are going out today but I still lost a few days production... just so's ya know.11.jpg

I hope i made the list with my late payment yesterday. Cant wait to try em out. They look a hell of a lot better than the crappy ones I make. LOL

Just a thought here but have you tried to make these things with epoxy resin and a mold. Seems the 3d printing is a bit of an expensive way to go about it. Plus you could add uv pigment and colors into the resin when you mixed it. I'm not sure as to how much its cost to make them but I'm sure the way I'm talking about would likely be around 25 to 50 cents each maybe less. And the added thing would be there would be little to no sanding after the mold.

Just a note to anyone who is thinking of purchasing some Jugheads.
It is really really awesome the way fisherman get together to support a guy like fish whisperer. I have made a similar product at home for personal use. Its years of pissing around, trying different things. It takes a new level of dedication and determination to produce the product I received today. And some will make a purchase just to support this guy and his hard work. But holy crap. My Jugheads showed up today and they are awesome. Absolutely pro quality. I know they work, Im not worried about that.
I strongly encourage others to support this amazing product. Great Job on these Fish Whisperer. Save up for a plastic injection moulder. Cant wait to see a full line in my local tackle shop.

Sorry about this but I meant to say poly urethane i make climbing holds out of this stuff and its used to make tools and many of the same things. Basically is plastic.

AJ

Just received mine today. thank you. Cant wait to see what they look like with the go pro. The quality is soooooo much better than last year.

JL

Hopefully i'll have a good story 4 y'all, but likely not. We might have a shot at a morning spring, but its humpyfest in sooke right now. Can barely get the down rigger in the water. We've conceded and will be smoking humpies this weekend. I'll be fishing jughead in the am until the slimeballs set in. I've got a pack each of the anchovy and herring in glow. I'm hoping the pinks will stay away from the herring. Then i'll be testing the Jugheads all afternoon.

Hey all. Glad to hear you guys got and approve of the new Juggies. Pretty happy 'bout them m'self ;) A bunch went out yesterday and some more today. I actually argued for a minute at the post office swearing it was Thursday today...sheesh.
Arima arima... um... were you around last year? I did the rubber molds and the polyurethane Jugheads. It was a bust. Besides the exposure to toxic fumes, one can only pour a rubber mold so many times and then they start keeping a % of the casting, in the mold. Pieces come out with chunks missing, warped or won't even come out of the mold. I was pouring 100 Jugheads a day and getting about 20 that were worth while. Also, you can only control bubbles so much. I even tried vacuum chamber. Then I had to clear coat after sanding and dremmel work...
Also, I was constantly having to make new molds. Jughead is a difficult mold to make. Believe it. Making molds is not only time consuming but is also quite expensive. I wasn't making single pour molds either. I had to pour multiple casts at a time.

"Labman2 - They look a lot better than the ****** ones I received at the end of the run last year!!!"

Which brings me to my apology to Labman2, and the rest of the people that got ****** Jugheads last year. I truly am sincerely sorry that the Jugheads were what they were. I have given my word that I will make it up to all who bought them last year. You will all get the very first commercial Jugheads (whatever you ordered last year free), before they hit any store shelves, anywhere. The fact that I am still here and still driving ahead with this, should give at least a tinge of comfort knowing that I'm not some "hit and run" knob.
Personally I think this is history in the making, any way you look at it. Them "******" Jugheads will be a collector item one day... hold onto 'em.
I think Jughead has created a new niche in sportfishing. Jughead isn't a teaser head. Teaser heads roll the bait. Jughead swims bait AND lures. Jughead "shakes" it up. It's a head shaker. Hence the new name - Jughead Shaker.

Labman2 check your pm.

Sorry about this but I meant to say poly urethane i make climbing holds out of this stuff and its used to make tools and many of the same things. Basically is plastic.

I neglected to add... thank you arima arima for thinking "out of the box" and trying to give me a better way to produce Jugheads. Making molds and pouring poly is kinda fun and works great for minimal castings. The problem I had was that I had to make 100's of castings and this method just isn't practical for this.

Also, I think everyone will notice that the new Juggies weigh about 3 times as much as the last ones and will "control" the bait/lure much more effectively.
If you look at this video, this is the new Jugheads in action. The video is short but you can clearly see what's going on in the murky water - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjLRynJMEiY&feature=c4-overview&list=UU_ONfzc4hxEMHJj8tqyqkwg
I've placed the "tow hole" where its at in the bill for this exact action. If you want to get creative, and I suggest it, drill the "tow hole" a little lower... maybe lower yet...
Also, try different stuff in the heads. Like... a piece of the plastic chovy wrapper! Not kidding you. Run out of bait? Tear off a piece of the plastic chovy wrapper, tie a knot in one end, stuff the knot into Juggie, toothpick it in and drop 'er down... GoPro video coming...

Anyone tried these in Sooke/Vic area South Island yet? look promising.....

Do you have these in a green glow or purple colors yet?

I've been having issues with the green. Until I get a perfect Jughead with it I will be substituting with a mix of clear and glow. Keep ordering green if that's your choice but I won't be putting them in your order until I get it down.
And yes High Five, Juggies come in glow green. They glow very well too. For now I just want to use the KISS method with the colours. When they hit the store shelves, rest assured, there will be an array of colours to choose from.
For now, I highly suggest spending some time in the nail polish aisle at your local drug store. See the attached pic of my colours... If you're a single guy? Well, let's just say you'll meet a heck of a lot of women there while you're going thru the hundreds of colours...... ;)

DO NOT use up all your wife's nail polish. You'll get "special sauce" for dinner ...if you get dinner at all.

Also, stick your fave eyeballs on Jughead too.

View attachment 8261

I was gonna try em out today and I left them at my buddies house. We remembered 1/2 way to the marina and didn't turn back. Lucky we didn't cause we got a nice spring on the 1st drop. Will try after Hally on tuesday.

Just a note to anyone who is thinking of purchasing some Jugheads.
It is really really awesome the way fisherman get together to support a guy like fish whisperer. I have made a similar product at home for personal use. Its years of pissing around, trying different things. It takes a new level of dedication and determination to produce the product I received today. And some will make a purchase just to support this guy and his hard work. But holy crap. My Jugheads showed up today and they are awesome. Absolutely pro quality. I know they work, Im not worried about that.
I strongly encourage others to support this amazing product. Great Job on these Fish Whisperer. Save up for a plastic injection moulder. Cant wait to see a full line in my local tackle shop.

Thank you Swingin Dick (can't believe I just used those words in the same sentence) for the encouraging words and support. It certainly is a daunting task.
I wish this technology was available last year. It has just become mainstream-ish. I was on a waiting list until Dec. 9/13. In May I sent one of the creators some of my Rod Raps and a Lunker Lake board game for his kid. A week later I got an email saying my unit was ready. I smiled all day. Although, I was a little intimidated because I knew that once that thing showed up, I would be consumed for a lengthy time. There's not enough space here to describe what I've learned, so far...
If I could, I would build Jugheads for everyone from last year but it is impossible. Hell, I'd buy everyone a boat if I had the $. I HAVE been randomly pulling names from last year and sending a few new pkg's tho...

A buddy of mine has a lodge in Kyuquot. He got his Jugheads on Thursday. Friday he sent me this pic...

Kyuquot.jpg

I will be in Nanaimo on sat aug 3 and would really like to meet up and get some jugheads. Looking forward to trying them out over here in west van waters.

Cannibal chris

Sure you can Cannibal Chris. PM me your order. If you have ordered already let me know your email addy.

I sent a pile of Jugheads out today. Only a few orders left to fill. If you have not received them yet, you will be receiving them this week. I will be caught up by Wednesday. As of Friday, if you've ordered and haven't responded to Paypal I will be cancelling your orders as I may head up to Kyuquot to guide for a buddy of mine.

Send me your pics or vids of Jughead and I'll send you more Jugheads :)

Back