JUGHEAD Freshwater

FishWhisperer

I have been experimenting with several different size Jugheads over the years. I've come up with what I call the Nano Jughead. These little devils are perfect for flies, minnows, leech patterns, rubber worms, squirts, needlefish, etc.
Nano Jugs are going into production and will be available on the website and in stores near the end of May. Colours to start will be Clear UV, Transparent Green, Purple Haze, Green Haze, White Glow and Black.
I catch fish on them with ease but, like with regular Jugheads, I'll leave the bragging and/or critiques up to you guys.

Nano Jugs 1.jpg

Nano Jugs 2.jpg

This was sent in the other day from a guide on the Columbia River down in Oregon.
He used a tattered old Herring (believe it or not) and caught a beauty 4# Bow with Jughead. He's pretty excited about it all :) ...so am I!
Well done Rusty!! Nice Fish!

Edit: Rusty was using a Small Jughead not a Nano Jug ...just so's you knows...

Trout Juggy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think we are allowed to use bait in most of our island lakes/stream in bc are we? (im talking anhcovies in a teaser head)

Bait is allowed in a lot of lakes, just not fin fish. Streams, no. Check the regional and lake specific Freshwater Fishing Regulations.

I picked some up at the Abbotsford boat show that im going to fish up here in the big lakes around Kelowna. Im at the end of replacing my floor in my boat so I have yet to be out yet. I just got some clear ones but im going to fish them with some white hootchies for some lakers and see what happens.

I picked some up at the Abbotsford boat show that im going to fish up here in the big lakes around Kelowna. Im at the end of replacing my floor in my boat so I have yet to be out yet. I just got some clear ones but im going to fish them with some white hootchies for some lakers and see what happens.

I was a guide in NWT for a few years and have caught tons of Lakers. Some that buried my 50# scale. In fact, I had a 31# Laker hit and killed by a much bigger Laker. I have yet to try Jugs on them tho. I look forward to any report you get Fisher_dude. (try bait) :)
Good Luck bud!

Cant use fin-fish for bait in the interior lakes. Ive often wondered why i couldnt just catch a couple small pike minnows and mooch them off the bottom. Probably catch some tanks doing it that way. Oh well! Ill have to stick to the soft plastics and spoons. Ive got a couple heads all rigged up with hootchies. Just gotta get the boat finished. Should be on the lake by the end of this week.

Back