JDF Derby

Can't wait,All those boat's and all that beer sounds like a good weekend.

Good Luck.
See ya out there or maybe at the awards after.
Tides look good and weather report so far so good.
Hope the weather is better than the Sunday last year.

Tips Up

Anyone been out lately? I'm going out friday to scope things out and maybe check out Constance bank at the Slack if there is no wind.

Bruce and Barry have there tickets, also know as the B-Team. They are fishing out of an orange 16 ft dbl eagle with nissan motors. They call it a real fishing machine and say they are going to kick butt. So if you see them out there be sure to say hi.

Tournament Proven !

Yes maddog its true paul from trotac and myself were leading the derby up until 9:40 this sun morning paul got his fish at 6:30 on sat. so we keep them off for almost the whole derby. the winning fish was 37.2#. Paul came in second with a 35.8 # and he won a silver streak welded 15 ft boat with a 30 hp 4 stroke motor.

I personally won a fish finder lowerance X-125. lots of guys didnt even touch a fish our boat got 7 springs ranging from the big one the next was a 27.4 and the othere were all around the 20 lb mark.

Very fun derby and awesome weather flat calm both days!!!!!!!!

Wolf

Good job!!! Uncle Roy brings home some poundage, with Paul as his right hand man...New sounder and a new boat, that's great!!! I'm just to much competition for tickets to come my way...Must have been pretty pumped for just a few hours before the other fish weighed in. Maybe i can weasle my way in next year...

Nice Job Wolf!! I don't think many boats got near the fish you hit.

We could not get anything big. Got a 22, 19, 14.5, 8 lb.

We had a good time and enjoyed the weather too.

Saw you Sat. around noon. Did you fish the same area all weekend?

Yes i did, didnt stray to far from the otter area. found most fish shallow 40 to 60 ft. and was trying a few new teaser heads for experimental one was really working well as soon as we started using it we got 3 in a row with it. very cool!!!!!!

Wolf

We found green chrome to be best. Same depths.

Fished Secretary and Otter on Sat. Got 22 lb at Secretary.

Fished Beechy Head and Trap on Sunday. Got 2 at Head and 1 at Trap.

Pretty slow weekend for most boats.

G

The guy who won was fishing by himself at otter with one rod. At 9:30 he had a good hit. 10 minutes later he was in the same spot with the fish-on. It only ran a couple of times, came to the boat and he netted it. A perfect fish for a derby. I wonder if he gave any money to the guy who towed him back to Cheanuh when he ran out of gas ???

Tournament Proven !

That's a negative Fin's, and that nice man (Ian) is , well lets just say a bit peeved. He was nice enough to tow him all the way back to Cheanah. And from there he got a cab ride to his pedder destination to find his License ??? GOOOOOONGGG show !!!

Back