Islander vs. Trophy vs. Rapala vs. Amundson

Picked up a TMX 5 from Trotac last week and I'm very pleased with the reel so far. Solid blue, no Game of Thrones bull**** scales. Popped it's cherry on a 21lb spring today and the reel has been great to use. I really like the larger handles and the drag system is pretty smooth. It doesn't creep but a couple times a few feet of line may zip out if the tide starts surging or I speed up. It's only a matter of time till I sell one of my Trophy's and get another TMX.

Picked up a TMX 5 from Trotac last week and I'm very pleased with the reel so far. Solid blue, no Game of Thrones bull**** scales. Popped it's cherry on a 21lb spring today and the reel has been great to use. I really like the larger handles and the drag system is pretty smooth. It doesn't creep but a couple times a few feet of line may zip out if the tide starts surging or I speed up. It's only a matter of time till I sell one of my Trophy's and get another TMX.
The drag take a few times out to break in it seems and then the line creep stops pretty much completely.

I've had a Trophy XL Tyee QR for a few years. Couldn't be happier with it. As others mentioned, fits well into big hands and when i use islanders they feel tiny. No creeping issues with mine but maybe got lucky. Other rod is a Shimano GT and i still love using it as it seems to outfish the trophy ;)

Back