Interstate Batteries?

Red Monster

I'm buying a starting battery and see that Interstate has a group 24 size with 1000 marine cranking amps. Are Interstate batteries any good? They don't sell starting batteries at Costco. I see Crappy Tire also sells one with 1000 MCA.
Thanks

Have a look at Davidson Batteries located at roughly Broadway and Fraser. They are top notch.

Another vote for Interstate.Been using them for Over 20 years now with absolutely no issues whatsoever.Get my 5
years out of them and replace. Just keep them maintained and they wont let you down.My 2 cents.

I really like them and I buy mine through the Harbour Chandler here in Nanaimo. If I have an issue (never had one yet), I just take it into them and they deal with it. I have a really high cranking amp model for my starter that I need for the Optimax.

Wife's family has a water-access cabin on the Sunshine Coast and we have a 4 stroke golf cart there for transport between boat and cabin. No one uses it between Sept and April, we just keep a little solar panel trickle charger connected. Have used Interstate battery since day 1 and it hasn't let us down. Finding fully charged battery after 7 months of no use is huge. Even with such sporadic use the batteries last 6-7 years, very impressed.

Wife's family has a water-access cabin on the Sunshine Coast and we have a 4 stroke golf cart there for transport between boat and cabin. No one uses it between Sept and April, we just keep a little solar panel trickle charger connected. Have used Interstate battery since day 1 and it hasn't let us down. Finding fully charged battery after 7 months of no use is huge. Even with such sporadic use the batteries last 6-7 years, very impressed.

Having that trickle charger is the key reason your batteries last so long. I have battery maintainers connected to my boat, vintage sports car and tractor and never have battery performance issues - and long life!

Red
drive over the bridge and buy direct from interstate, they are just under the golden ears bridge on the Langley side and will sell direct,
I have them in all my stuff, great Batteries

Thanks guys. I'll go with Interstate then!

My interstate starting battery lasted 9 years. Only used between May & September. Never checked electrolyte levels. Never charged.

I went to Langley to get new batteries today directly from the distributor as suggested, thanks, and even got a discount. The old batteries were in the boat when I bought it, and I learned they were more than 9 years old. Not bad considering they were both deep cycle batteries used to start an inboard v8. There was not the slightest hesitation at the starter when I applied 1000 marine cranking amps from the new starting battery I chose to replace one of the old deep cycle batteries rated at 690 mca. And it's nice to know the new batteries are not even a month old. Sweet.

What kind of pricing are we looking at for Interstates now.
Inquired at the local Lordco and they were talking 300.00 for a Group 24!
Yikes!!!!

That's a crazy price for a standard lead/acid type Interstate.I just bought a group 27 deep cycle Interstate last year
brand new for $160.00 +tax.You sure you weren't given a price on an AGM type? Interstate also makes these and
they're around the $250-300 range for group 24-27.

Just bought new interstate group 27 deep cycle and starting batteries. $150 for the starting and $140 for the deep cycle

Back