International space station

Very cool.Thanks for that link,kildonan.A couple of times I've noticed something in the night sky that's really been
cruisin'.I guess that's what it was. 27,000 kms. an hour is cookin'!

I remember in around 98 there was a Russian satellite that fell to the earth and exploded in the Earths atmosphere. That was some pretty cool fireworks

I'd give almost anything to ride on that thing for few days to just sit and look out the window.

Generally you can only see it for the first or sometimes first and second pass after sunset.

Here is the next visible for our area.

Time: Mon Jun 09 00:22 AM, Visible: 6 min, Max Height: 59 degrees, Appears: WNW, Disappears: E

Last edited by a moderator:
If you use a smartphone a good app for tracking the ISS or identifying other stuff in the sky is "SkyView". Very cool app.

If you use a smartphone a good app for tracking the ISS or identifying other stuff in the sky is "SkyView". Very cool app.

Is that IOS or Android ? Can't seem to find it. Have been using Google Sky for years and it is supposed to do satellites but haven't done that yet.

Wow right on schedule again out of the west , lost it for a few seconds right overhead because of a big cloud , an extra treat as it went east was a meteor right next to it, must be scary up there knowing you are in a shooting gallery but then what like they say is trying to hit a bullet with another bullet !!!

Thanks for the links. Gonna stare skyward tonight

Thanks MB, I went out to see it on your first post on Saturday and brought my daughter out at the same time to see. Although 20, she was still impressed (and there isn't much that impresses a 20 year old).

very cool to watch. Thanks again.

Thanks MB, I went out to see it on your first post on Saturday and brought my daughter out at the same time to see. Although 20, she was still impressed (and there isn't much that impresses a 20 year old).

very cool to watch. Thanks again.

I don't know what it is, some of the grand kids can't get enough others don't care, I'm out every time if I can make it.

I get it. I watch it a lot too.

My family looks at me weird and shake their head when I announce it's ISS time and I run outside to look. My youngest kid was into it for a while and would join me, but she's lost interest now too unless she can use it as a stall tactic to stay up later. LOL

I get it. I watch it a lot too.

My family looks at me weird and shake their head when I announce it's ISS time and I run outside to look. My youngest kid was into it for a while and would join me, but she's lost interest now too unless she can use it as a stall tactic to stay up later. LOL

I'm finding its more the boys into it, just sayin.........PS; that was a great 9;56.......

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched it. I was not so amazed. I know what it is up there and that it is quite amazing but the shiny spec cascading across the sky just didn't do it for me. I also heard nothing.

Nevertheless, I waved in Russian, I think they waved back.

Back