Inflatable vest test concerns

frenchcreek

Just a heads up to everyone.

I decided it was time to re-arm my Mustang vests. I have 2 manual ones (3051) and 2 automatics (3054). I have done this before, but just changed out the cylinders. I thought this time I would pull the tab on each one and see how they operate and how they hold air. I was very surprised to see how hard you have to pull the tab. On one I almost had to use both hands. When they blew, it was very fast, however I was concerned about a few things. On both of the 3051's, the velcro closing on the left side (of my body) held so strong that I had to grab it and pull to get it to open and inflate. On both of the 3054's, the portion behind my head did not open - again I had to reach up and grab the flap and pull the velcro open. Once open, they continued to hold air.

I will now tell the people wearing them on my boat that they might have to help the vests out to fully open, and to pull really hard.

Just a heads up to everyone.

I decided it was time to re-arm my Mustang vests. I have 2 manual ones (3051) and 2 automatics (3054). I have done this before, but just changed out the cylinders. I thought this time I would pull the tab on each one and see how they operate and how they hold air. I was very surprised to see how hard you have to pull the tab. On one I almost had to use both hands. When they blew, it was very fast, however I was concerned about a few things. On both of the 3051's, the velcro closing on the left side (of my body) held so strong that I had to grab it and pull to get it to open and inflate. On both of the 3054's, the portion behind my head did not open - again I had to reach up and grab the flap and pull the velcro open. Once open, they continued to hold air.

I will now tell the people wearing them on my boat that they might have to help the vests out to fully open, and to pull really hard.

good info thanks..

Back