I wanna upgrade .

lenardobc

Currently running a tyee hardtop with an 90/9.9. Love the boat other than too small . I guess what im after is suggestions in the 21’ range . Not new . Glass or tin . I anchor for hali and do some prawning and all the other things we do. Budget will be in the 45-50k range .

Currently running a tyee hardtop with an 90/9.9. Love the boat other than too small . I guess what im after is suggestions in the 21’ range . Not new . Glass or tin . I anchor for hali and do some prawning and all the other things we do. Budget will be in the 45-50k range .

Realistically, Probably looking at something like a late 90’s 215 Campion Fishing Machine or a newer trophy with an inboard. An aluminum in that range would probably have high hours and need a repower soon. The 215 is a nice fishing platform. Not the best for seating. Or else you’re able to jump on something that comes to market and be first in line. Have your boat sold with all cash In hand and just wait for the right one to come along.

If you can find one a 2270 kodiak is a great big little boat. See one a year in pnw (they didn't build a ton).

Sold a few years back locally but good for reference

A 208 grady is much more readily available. There's a few forum members with them.

Striper 2101
Double eagle 205
Hourston 20
Monaro 21
Trophy 2002

These are some that should be a decent boat in your price range

Striper 2101
Double eagle 205
Hourston 20
Monaro 21
Trophy 2002

These are some that should be a decent boat in your price range
How could I leave a couple of those out! 21 monaro is a sweat rig and a nice one would definitely fit the budget. Same goes for the 20 hourston.

Striper 2101
Double eagle 205
Hourston 20
Monaro
If you can find one a 2270 kodiak is a great big little boat. See one a year in pnw (they didn't build a ton).

Sold a few years back locally but good for reference

A 208 grady is much more readily available. There's a few forum members with them.
wow that for $29k vs a couple of the old explorers/ bayliners currently with old power for the same price.

Are boats ever going to depreciate again or will old boats just keep going up and up?

How could I leave a couple of those out! 21 monaro is a sweat rig and a nice one would definitely fit the budget. Same goes for the 20 hourston.
Definitely the list I’ll be looking at again when I get to go shopping again. A persuit like that comes up for close to that price at the time and it’s a no brainer.

Great platform, you can find them podded with reasonable hours for sub 40k fairly regularly. I loved mine.

There's a big difference in size between a 2101 striper and a 215 Campion. Both would be great but definitely check out a bunch of different boats and see what you like.

I know where theres a 21ft trophy for sale that has 2 new engines and a ton of upgrades including shockwave seats, and a new fuel tank under the deck. Along with alot of electrical upgrades. Might get it for the low to mid 30 grand range.

I could get talked out of my Trophy 2459
20220622_152533.jpg20220622_152234.jpg20220622_151900.jpg

Attachments

• 20220622_151900.jpg
    20220622_151900.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 8
Striper 2101
Double eagle 205
Hourston 20
Monaro

wow that for $29k vs a couple of the old explorers/ bayliners currently with old power for the same price.

Are boats ever going to depreciate again or will old boats just keep going up and up?
Well maintained boats with newer power will keep their value, supply and demand. 9 of 10 old boats end up scrapped and they are only replaces with 1-2 new boats.

Back