I bought a solar system today. Does that make me a space cadet?

I bought my system before the rebate was announced. the projected pay back is 10 years at today's rates . Show me another investment with a guaranteed 10% return.
I don’t think solar is bad I just think for most people, that money could probably be better spent to improve the houses efficiency. Getting rid of baseboard electric for a heat pump, better windows and doors, on demand water , swapping to gas vs electric, wood stove etc. We have relatively cheap electricity here compared to other places in North America. I’m not trashing solar in any way. It’s your money and I hope it works out great. The comment about the grants is more towards electric vehicles . I think it was Ontario where the grants disappeared and the sales plummeted instantly.

Seriously having a hard time getting my head around the prices in here for solar systems that aren't even vaguely accurate. Bunch of flat panels? It doesn't look anything like that.

My wife made this for my kid's room and it's probably thirty bucks worth of wool and looks WAY more like the solar system than anything I have seen in this thread. You guys are all kinds of messed up.

solar system.jpg

One of my old school buddies is quoted. Funny when Solar companies call up my business they say they can't afford to pay to hire employees and when they provide me with a quote for solar I say I can't afford the quote because I fish and have a boat. So much for a green economy, but I really need good flexible solar panels on my boat!
Merlin Solar panels are head in high regard for semi-flexible panels. They have some really unique shapes as well. Long, skinny, square. Peel and stick. They have panels that 10 feet long but less than 2 feet wide. I havent found pricing...not sure i want to know.

Back