I’m ready to upgrade to a chamber vacuum

SaintSix

After a few years using my food saver and realizing how much I use it for huntin,fishing and buying in bulk. I’ve decided to upgrade to a chamber vacuum. I was steering towards the VP215 as there are many threads of people happy with theirs. I stumbled upon a youtube video and it looks like they added a vp220 and vp230 to their line 2ish years ago. The vp220 being a dry pump and the vp230 looking like the upgraded 215. Still oil pump but a bit of a bigger motor And 12” sealing bar. Now I’m wondering if i should buy the 215 or 230? Also what thickness of bags are people using? 3-4mil. I was going to buy a case of the max size and maybe some smaller thicker bags to try to freeze prawns in? i was looking at buying from webstaurant.com i know some have bought it from there. Do you remember how much shipping was or duty? Anything else I should look at ordering with it?

I wanted a vp215 but the price kept scaring me away. I ended up buying a chamber sealer from Vevor which was just over $400 shipped, cheaper than almost anything out there. It takes oil. It can only do 10 inch seals but it works really great. I like the 4mil bags. I bought some from Halfords and Cedarlane Culinary , but now the border is more open, I will probably order from the USA as 4mil is easier to find there. A bigger machine would be nice but this thing is already kind of a beast. I love that I can freeze stews and soups, crab/prawn bait( fish guts), just hard to do anything over 10 inches.

Attachments

• 87107824-237D-4388-96CC-2BFA0A9FCA3C.jpeg
    87107824-237D-4388-96CC-2BFA0A9FCA3C.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 223
  • 158F0D5A-5F98-4125-81D9-9E2ED3FFDFC0.jpeg
    158F0D5A-5F98-4125-81D9-9E2ED3FFDFC0.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 217
I wanted a vp215 but the price kept scaring me away. I ended up buying a chamber sealer from Vevor which was just over $400 shipped, cheaper than almost anything out there. It takes oil. It can only do 10 inch seals but it works really great. I like the 4mil bags. I bought some from Halfords and Cedarlane Culinary , but now the border is more open, I will probably order from the USA as 4mil is easier to find there. A bigger machine would be nice but this thing is already kind of a beast. I love that I can freeze stews and soups, crab/prawn bait( fish guts), just hard to do anything over 10 inches.
Cedar lane is closed now. Closed 31 dec 2021. I’m ok with the price because it sounds like the quality/longevity of the product is there.

Thanks I was waiting for a review on one....

I hesitated to buy a chamber vac for so many years, and I wish I would have gotten one sooner. I got an entry level one for 600 USD (The Lem MaxVac Pro sold at Costco, not sure if that's a possibility where you are, they're 649 now I see) and it's been fantastic. Definitely go with a little thicker bags, and I agree that Webstaurant site has had the best variety and pricing for me. I use 4 mil bags, and consider 5 mil's sometimes. If there was one thing I'd like better it'd be a bigger chamber and seal strip to accomodate very large bags, but that would require a big really expensive machine. This one's been good for me, just wish I'd have made the investment sooner! Good luck,
fb

I have owned a vp215 for a few years now and really love it. The duty cycle on it is great when doing large batches. I can even vacuum seal dry goods in canning jars!! I use 3mil for most things without any issue.

I am looking at the VP540 which is larger, and on wheels. May have other uses for work etc.

Sounds like they aren't very good. One of my buddies has one finds it inconsistent with sealing. I am going start researching prices on vp...
Thanks. Its funny though I have used those Planer heaters and Webescos (as a comparison) and I really can't see much of a difference in how they work over time other than the price.

those look great, what is the biggest bag the vp320 will fit? 12x15”? Where did you purchase yours?
I'm down to using 8x12" bags, nice small 1/4 fillet portions, great give away size for smoked salmon, i'll cut the bags in half for mini boat snack packs..

Check these guys out i have an older model

https://www.cookstore.ca/products/v...xg9zsPmbHksX8F6vHEdWGLEh9uOBXOGRoCkq4QAvD_BwE

All my 5 mil bags and gold backer board i buy from Foopak in Richmond.

IMG_5165.jpeg

I got one of these.
Meat your Maker

I have only had it for about 4 months but those were during hunting season so I have used it quite a bit. 4-5 hundred packages. It is one of the best investments that I have made. It works a lot better than all of the vacuum sealers that I have used in the past. It is relatively fast and produces a high quality product. Definately a step up in processing quality and efficiency

Back