Hurrah for Scotty!

Big ups to scotty for there customer service! After three years of fishing with manual scottys I invested in some brand new 1106 Scottys at the begining of the season! On my third day out i was dropping to 60 ft and bam! no more cannon ball! my brand new stainless wire had snapped right above crimps! it was my favorite CCB cannon ball too! luckily i had extra terminal tackle and crimps so i was able to keep on fishing. 2 days later while getting ready to drop the gear i found the cable to be almost broken on the other side of the boat! Contacted scotty to ask what was up as in my three years of fishing manuals with stainless wire I have never seen this happen! day after sending them an email I got a phone call apoligizing and offering to send me two new 300' spools of braid! It was sitting on my front steps the next day!

Theres a whole list of reasons why we pretty much only see scottys on this coast but their customer service seems to be right up there with there functionality and reliability!

Cheers!

Right on. Never heard of them offering to warrenty their wire usually that's a use at your own risk thing. I'm sure your downriggers being next to brand new was a factor there.

Scotty has always taken care of me even when I broke stuff off the downrigger myself it was replaced for free and the breaks of my 10+ year old electrics were also replaced for free when they finally wore out.

Every time I go in they do the service while i wait and re crimp my ends and put on brand new snaps on for free and give me the old snaps back for a spare.

This is why when it came to buying a puller I chose a Scotty.

Hey GDW, were do you get your servicing done? Id like to take mine there, thats some serious customer service.

Cheers Dan

Take it right to the plant out in Sidney.

Couldn't agree more re: Scotty service. Last weekend the locking pin in my Scotty collapsible net rusted out ... almost lost both the net and a nice fish. This week Scotty confirms they will send me the replacement sleeve to repair the net. No questions (not that any were needed) ... they just always do the right thing by their customers. Great product and great service translates to long term success and great customer loyalty. Kudos as always.

busted top part of swivel mount once gave me brand new one
lost bolts for my swivel they hooked me up with some extras.
best customer service around!! great company.

they replaced a motor on one of mine years ago... no questions asked.

Like was posted above I take mine to the plant in Sidney where they are made.

Surprised to hear they replaced a broken swivel mount they do go above and beyond! One time when I was in a guy brought a swivel mount that was snapped in half. He told them it was from hanging up on bottom. They told him no warrenty on those especially for a bottom hang up.

Meanwhile they are replacing my on/off switch that we busted off trying to boat a 70lb halibut.

At the factory, as long as you drop it off and pick it up or wait if they are not busy (no shipping/packing headaches for them), the service is amazing and I have never been charged a thing for anything. This is the reason they dominate the local market. For example as long as you take them Scotty brand cable or braid they always swap it out for free for me when they service the rigger. Hint I find it best to deal with the guys if you can and avoid the older lady in the office. The guys are more accommodating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had great customer services from them also. Its nice being able to deal with a quality canadian product for a fair price and they stand behind it. I have not bought one scotty product that I was unhappy with.

Lets also not forget that Scotty also donates their products to local angler fund raising activities that puts money into habitat restoration and Pacific salmon enhancement.

PS I have also had great similar service direct from the local Islander Reel factory on the Saanich Peninsula and they also support our local fund raising activities.

Last edited by a moderator:
scotty repair man in port hardy dosent work for them but afilliated repairs downriggers for $20. for one or $30 for pair no charge for parts

Back